back to article Ion Audio iCade arcade-style iPad cabinet

Let's get the negative out of the way right from the start: the iCade is a bit on the crap side. But then that's kind of how it should be. Ion iCade Ion's iCade: beep, beep, beep.... schboom As if you couldn't guess from the pics, the iCade is an iPad stand that mimics the arcade game cabinets of yesteryear. Like them, it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Si 1
    Happy

MAME

It's worth mentioning that if you jailbreak your iPad you can install iMAME4All which is also compatible with the iCade.

So those with a hankering for OutRun, TMNT, Simpsons, Final Fight, Aliens, Ms Pac-Man, Metal Slug, Puzzle Bobble, etc are well catered for.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let me sum up....

It's a load of overpriced cheaply made tat but that's a good thing.

Apple fanboys will make excuses for any old crap.

1. Giles Jones Gold badge

Erm.

Except it's not made by Apple and it's the only one of its kind at present.

2. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Let me sum up....

Tired clichés from the usual noisy suspects who are saying nothing in particular about things that the claim not to be interested in.

Trolls will make any excuse for a good whine.

3. iamdmann

NB - It was never supposed to be an actual product

That this even went to the factory is pretty cool. Remember, it started as an April Fools gag on thinkgeek.com. People went crazy over it and it finally made its way into existence. I haven't had a hands on with the kit, but all of the faults described were worries that kept me from signing up for the preorder and will likely have me keeping my distance until it's in the bargain bin. Not sure if they ship overseas, but thinkgeek sells the icade for $99 US which, judging from how much spotify's £9.99 costs me (i'm in the states) is probably about four quid.

sponsor a bright american lawyer for a job in the uk? i'll throw in an icade gratis!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like