back to article Acer slips to 4th place as global PC sales edge up

Acer dropped out of the medal positions in the global PC arena, and was shunted into fourth spot as HP, Dell and Lenovo made more of the growth in professional products across emerging markets to offset weakened retail demand in mature IT economies. Shipments into the channel – as opposed to sales out to customers – edged up a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Simple reasoning would show why

"...despite the disaster in Japan sales went up 5.5 per cent."

More likely BECAUSE of the disaster. There would be quite a large number of laptops, PCs, monitors, etc. damaged and destroyed in the course of the tragic events earlier this year. It would be the process of replacing many of those that gave rise to an increase in sales rather than any real market growth.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Acer are a toxic brand...

..providing crap technical support, an appalling repair service, not to mention cheap and nasty to begin with. They are on my blacklist of brands I would never purchase for any of my clients, so no surprise they're in decline.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Acer are a toxic brand... "

I agree, I'll never buy from them again. Dell's customer support on the other hand I've found to be second to none.

1. elderlybloke
        Unhappy

Acer verses Dell

Down here in NZ the poor standard of the helpline located in some Asian country dragged down Dell's rating in our Consumer Org. evaluation of Computers recently.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like