back to article UK.gov's 'public data' wagon spews out civil service lists

As disquiet over pay and pensions among civil servants throughout the land looks set to lead to strikes aplenty later this month, the Cabinet Office has been busy compiling lists about its public sector workers to underline its "transparency" pledge. Organisational charts on the UK Civil Service were published on the data.gov. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well..

.. undoing the massive expansion of the civil service ranks under New Labour is going to be tough. Apart from anything else, it will reveal the true unemployment rate..

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Hmm...

Being a loyal public sector underling I thought I'd have a look at the site using my govt standard issue IE6 browser.

It's too old to render the page.

1. D Moss Esq

When you get home ...

... and you can use your trusty copy of Netscape 2 or Mosaic, you'll be delighted to find that Katie Davis has become Executive Director of Operational Excellence at the Cabinet Office. She has no-one reporting to her but then there can't be all that much operational excellence to direct.

Who, you ask, is Katie Davis?

Oh come on, you remember. She was previously Executive Director of Strategy at the Identity & Passport Service (IPS). There can't have been much for her to do in that job, either.

While poking around the organogram for the old IPS gulag, I thought I'd check up on Kevin Sheehan, previously the Executive Director of Integrity and Security. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that this rôle has now been "eliminated". Spooky. No more integrity or security at IPS.

So, hours of fun awaiting you, when you get home ...

1. D Moss Esq

Oops

Not Kevin Sheehan, Duncan Hine

2. Anonymous Coward
        Pint

Get your coat

You need to get out more, if that's your idea of fun...

3. Anonymous Coward
        Flame

@D Moss Esq

Hey, admit you made up those job titles - or was Labour the party of paid unemployment?

And where's the badger icon gone?

1. D Moss Esq

The death of satire ...

... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/22/health_boss_goes/

Golly AC, I've had a team working round the clock on a response to your post and they've drawn a blank.

Yours sincerely

David Moss

Executive Director Halting Repartee

Cabinet Office

2. Fisher39

Me too...

Had to wait to get home. I'm on there!! Woo hoo - I've arrived on the Daily Mail shit list at last.

3. Tom 38
    Stop

i'll bite

"...it [PCS] confirmed that more than half of its quarter-million-strong members had voted for industrial action."

750k public sector workers

290k members of PCS

32.4% turnout in ballout

61% of ballots vote to strike

How many voted to strike? 57.3k. 19.8% of PCS members or 7.6% of public sector workers. Not half. I'd expect el reg to check the numbers and not vomit up press releases.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

"organograms"

Hehehehe

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

P45

Those going on strike are obviously asking for their P45s.

At least it will show they are not required for duty and should give a list of where the cuts can come.

6. Graham Marsden
    WTF?

Blimey...

I was expecting this to be another Government Data Loss Via Memory Stick/ Lost PC story...!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Where is the data?

All I see are pretty visualisations.

Where is the raw machine-readable data?

This topic is closed for new posts.