back to article EQu

There are dozens of equalisers, visualisers and similar audio apps available for iOS devices, but I have to tip my hat to Reg reader Danny Mann for bringing EQu to my attention, as it’s one of the best audio apps I’ve seen of late. EQu EQu: tap and drag to change the equalisation curve EQu is a fairly straightforward …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lottie

Dammit

That's the sort of app I want for my droid phone. Shame it's iOS only (or did I miss something)

It'd be ideal for streaming in the car when you can boost the frequencies that tyre noise etc drown out or cut the ones that they boost.

2. iamdmann
    Thumb Up

Mic-less spectrum display

One other thing that particularly impressed me about this app is that unlike most other equalizer apps the spectrum display does not rely on a microphone - as far as I know this is unique to Equ.

3. ScottJ
    Thumb Down

No DRM-Protected Music

It won't play anything DRM-protected ... so you can't use it with any music downloaded from the iTunes store. Dealbreaker for me.

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: No DRM-Protected Music

iTunes hasn't sold DRM-protected music for years, Scott

1. ScottJ
        WTF?

Interesting.

All of my iTunes-purchased music is in "protected" files that this won't play. Maybe that's because I purchased most of it years ago, but it is a large portion of my library and it remains unusuable with EQu.

1. JaimieV

There was

a method to update all your DRM'd tracks to higher-quality open ones. I've no idea if that's still running, but check in iTunes, Store, iTunes Plus on the far right.

1. iamdmann

coming to the uk in q1 2012

here in the states on the eve of the 'icloud' mania we can already download any music purchases made in itunes an unlimited number of times on any devices. i also had some drm crippled tracks, but i've now replaced them with the more modern slightly less crippled (i.e. no drm, but still not mp3) itunes tracks.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like