back to article Steady as she goes at Capita

Capita reckons the outsourcing market is picking up after a quiet 2009 and 2010. Even public sector contracts are coming back to life especially in local government and defence. In an interim management statement, Capita said it saw a solid performance in the first four months of 2011. It expects to hit targets for revenue …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ChrisB00

Investment in Britain

Please can anyone tell me if similar companies are investing or planning to invest in similar ways here in Britain?

ChrisB.

1. Tony Green

I hope not

Far too many useless bastards like Crapita buggering things up and charging the taxpayer vast amounts of cash to do it.

2. Alan Firminger

Spare a thought for Polish dependants on housing benefit

As above.

3. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

"Crapita"?

No love lost there, but a bit strong? Ms B will have all types of fun trying to keep us in line if Mr Oates is setting such an example!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

RE: "Crapita"?

Having worked for the odious little officious gits, I'd suggest that Mr Oates is being kind.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

hear hear

I've worked for them as well - they are absolute ****ing vermin! You don't know how low standards can get until you've worked for Capita.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re, hear hear.

"You don't know how low standards can get until you've worked for Capita."

When I had the misfortune of workking for them they couldn't play their health and safety video because the mains lead to the TV had been wound up and unwound so many times the insulation had come off exposing live mains wires which subsequently shorted out.

You couldn't make it up.

4. Emj
    Badgers

"Crapita" too strong?

No where near strong enough. It should be illegal for gov to use that sorry bag of sh1t unless for scooping up poo. Even that they would probably get wrong.

God help public finances if Crapita are doing better...

Badgers because even they could run an IT system.

1. The Cube
      Thumb Up

We always used to say to our government customers

Whenever something horrible went wrong, "It could be worse, you could have outsourced it to Crapita" and they would always agree....

Where is the steaming pile of dung icon for comments on a Crapita story?

5. The Fuzzy Wotnot

Indeed...

Most of the time I find silly names like M$ to be rather annoying, but in this case I can accept the Private Eye's renaming to be extremely apt.

Capita really are a useless bunch of cretins, intent on providing a bare minimum of the original spec ( when they can manage that! ) while charging 5 times the originally agreed price, paid for of course by the bottomless pockets of the tax payer! I know it's not the fault of the techs who often do their best, but the corpulent management structure that needs some serious culling.

6. Chris Miller
    Thumb Down

But without Crapita

Civil service mandarins would have to buy their own lunches at the Ivy and pay for their own boxes at the opera/Twickenham. Surely no-one would want that?

1. Jay 2

Public money on private food

I'm sure they can get their nosh elsewhere! Though I could have sworn I saw something on lastminute.com (or similar) recently along the lines of 2 courses for £30 at The Ivy. Can't say I rated it much when my missus and I went there a few years back. Maybe all the foodies/celebs have found a new place to be seen?

A friend of mine worked for Crapita, and they messed him about no end before making him redundant. Not a very nice company to work for.

7. SirTainleyBarking
    FAIL

Crapita

Don't they run TV Licencing. Sounds about right

1. Jay 2

Yep, TV

I think they still do TV Licencing.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like