back to article Clegg'n'Cameron seek Director of Digital

Applicants for the government's new post of "Director of Digital" need to get a wriggle on - to be in by 20 April. The £142,000 a year gig has been dubbed the position of Twitter Tsar by just about everyone. But the government's Digital Champion Martha Lane-Fox said the job is much more than that, according to er, Twitter. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Headmaster

Does it matter that the government is a two-party coalition?

Shirley the advert should just be to do with the government's strategy? The flavour of the government should not matter to a technocrat. Of greater importance: do they have senchua tea? where are the joysticks from and are those minky whales?

1. Elmer Phud

Digital direction

It is to do with HM.Gov(e')s strategy after all.

One digit -the middle one - raised up on its own towards the populace.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

waste

150Grand on more spin for Cameron. He obviously needs it, how do you think he got into power?

Just proves how corrupt and bent he and his cronies really are!

<let the bile flow>

1. David Dawson
      Joke

Short term thinking

Infects the entire political class.

[sarcasm follows, calm down...]

How about we elect for 10 years, and if they did a good job, give them a good pension and let them go free.

Bad job, we string em up.

It'd focus the mind beyond the next 6 months and prevent the jobs for the boys type thinking.

[end sarcasm]

2. Stumpy
      FAIL

@obviously

On Friday 8th April 2011 obviously wrote: "150Grand on more spin for Cameron. He obviously needs it, how do you think he got into power?"

The answer to that one is easy ... the previous shower of twatdangling buffoons fsk'd up the economy so badly (pretty much like last time they got into power - anyone remember the 3 day week and bread strikes?) that they were quite rightly hounded out of office.

... such short term memories some people seem to have...

3. MountfordD

Like attracts like

I predict that this is going to be yet more squandering of public money.

"The job spec is written in the appealing mixture of civil service jargon and management consultantese..."

So what are they going to get? Anyone decent will be rejected because they can't talk the talk at the interview or put their qualifications in management-speak on their CV. What are you left with? Mates of Cameron and Clegg and the bullshitting gobs whose primary motivation is the smell of the £142K in their bank account. They will produce a totally incomprehensible 1000-page report in management consultantese after a year in the job, have all their mates in the department being paid no less than £60K and the taxpayer will fork out at least £5 million.

4. david 63

I'm almost tempted...

... to apply.

Just to see how far I can get before I get canned.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I am going to...

apply.

Just to see how far I can get before I get canned.

1. Marvin the Martian
      Badgers

I'm sure you've got the job in hand.

Anybody who can post exactly on timecheck LEET deserves this post.

6. Colonel Mad
    IT Angle

If only social networking was the problem

One cannot email the DWP, much less send them a PDF document, these people are so far behind I cannot see how they are ever going to catch up.

7. david 63

I've requested the application pack...

@AC 13:37GMT - fancy a jobshare?

8. Phillip.

Glad to see post is open rather than handed to crony

MountfordD, the post is being put up to the public and anybody can apply. If you think every person that can BS a bit on their CV is a "mate of Cameron and Clegg" you are deluded. The large consulting firms are full of them. And yes the applicant might be tempted at getting a paycheck for gong to work... as are the rest of us! Sure it's a healthy salary, but it is below the average wage for a CEO.

The key point is when this Director of Digital farms out projects the tender process must be transparent and the bar to entry low enough so that our young innovative firms have an equal chance to the large firms that always seem to get the contracts, go millions over budget, and then hand over a completely failed project.

Phillip.

9. Michael Dunn

Consultantese

"The job spec is written in the appealing mixture of civil service jargon and management consultantese..."

Did you really mean appealing - or is it a typo for "appalling"?

10. johnalex
    FAIL

Successful applicant needed ASAP, like, you know NOW

"Planned Maintenance

This website is down for planned maintenance; it will be back up shortly "

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like