back to article iPad 2 sales kick off in dead of night

Yesterday, iOS 4.3. Tomorrow, iPad 2. And if you're planning a trip to Austin, Texas, to catch Bad Brains at the annual South by Southwest mega-fest, Apple will provide a "popup store" just for your iPad-purchasing pleasure. On Thursday, Apple also announced that it will begin accepting online orders at 1am Pacific Time on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

iPad 2, 3, 4, ...

iPad 5: Now with bigger Apple icon!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

El Reg. Tombstone.

Freaking hell, what a shameless plug of an article dude.

3. Chris Hatfield
    Megaphone

I bet the Guy camping out in that tent

oustide an Apple store feels like a right nincompoop! Dude needs to find a new hobby.

4. Getter lvl70 Druid
    IT Angle

Meh.... wake me up when...

RIM puts out a Storm-type 4G phone with one of those flip/slide-out keyboards that's not out of spec at launch and I may get excited. Or not.

Where's the IT angle?

Seriously, this article is on par with "where can I get the latest Tickle Me Elmo doll for Christmas"... Lord of the Rings be damned... they have so many Precious' new shiney's out there Sauron would have won already....The One App Store binds them forever.... oooh scarey lol.

5. Neoc

That 5pm release time, by the way, will be the same in each time zone.

Does this mean that fanbois in the Antipodes will be able to get their hands on them ~12 hours ahead of the yanks?

Didn't think so.

6. Nick Pettefar

eltiT

What about the UK? I need one now! (For my sister...)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Some people

Really need to get a life......

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The first step..

In curing yourself is admitting that you're a fanboi, now how's that Mini working out for ya Rick?

I'd be interested to see how it all works out though, the iPad doesn't seem to be as massive a hit as the iPhone, will renta queue be out in force?

9. Kenny Millar
    Thumb Up

You guys have it wrong.

The article has a clear IT angle, all the IT press will be covering the iPad 2 launch.

The article is factual, well researched and well written. It's a proper piece of journalism.

You guys are too used to being spoon fed re-hashed press releases from sponsors that you don't recognize a proper journalistic item.

10. Richard Jukes

nah

Nah, we just dont like Apple. Or articles hyping up the release of a pointless tech gadget.

11. DEAD4EVER
    FAIL

ipad 2

sorry but i see no need for tablets i can do everything with my pc why would i need a tablet for. and i most certainly wont be getten a apple. i can bet there will be some sad apple fanboys queing up for this honestly people are so sad.

1. Jellyjazz
      Happy

For...

Laying on the couch browsing or watching vids, or maybe a spot of Plants vs Zombies... really is a lot nicer and comfortable than using a Laptop (I own a MacBook Pro and considering selling it), when I need to do anything that requires a proper computer I use my Desktop anyway.

It'll never replace a proper computer, it's just the internet in hardware form with a few games and some very minimal apps.

For the idiots queuing outside the Apple shops, get a life. I hate going anywhere near those stores, those blue shirted tits patronise the hell out of you. Plus stores like Lewis's offer an extra years warranty so why bother?

12. JDX Gold badge

@DEAD4EVER

Did we need your opinion or would you prefer us to make our own minds up?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like