back to article UK chip design house strides across pond

So CSR is supplying the CEO, the CFO and the chairman, the headquarters stay in Blighty and the shares stay on the London markets. But really, it's a merger, honestly... CSR and Zoran are merging, with California-based Zoran getting a couple of seats on the board (one reserved for the company's founder) while CSR provides …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm amazed...

I'm amazed they didn't take the opportunity to put the "Global HQ" in the States, to get around that legendary American unwillingness to buy un-American products.

1. James Hughes 1

Many American products (inc. most chips)

Are designed and built elsewhere now anyway, it's just that the Americans don't know it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trying to compete with Broadcom?

But the other way round. Broadcom in CA who already had Bluetooth etc bought Alphamosaic in Cambridge for their low power video and camera capabilities (amongst other stuff), CSR in Cambridge who already have Bluetooth etc buy Zoran in CA for the video and camera capabilities.

Ying/Yang balancing act in there somewhere.

3. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

What a view....

A view to a merger?

James Bond jokes aside I hope they do work *very* hard to bury the UK link. The merkins are *very* protective of the made in the US nonsense (no most of the stuff they *think* is made in the US isn't but they don't tend to realize this).

It's more a dinner jacket than a coat.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CA 95050

Silicon valley is a burned out husk of corporate headquarters, most of the work happens elsewhere in the world. The glory days are gone.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

@AC "Trying to compete with Broadcom"

Not to mention that both CSR and Alphamosaic were spun out of Cambridge Consultants!

This topic is closed for new posts.