back to article Android inches nearer NFC nirvana

An incremental Android update adds APIs for writing tags as well as reading them. The update also adds a notification system for interested applications, but no access to the secure elements just yet. Android version 2.3, Gingerbread, brought the ability to read NFC tags and some hidden APIs to write them. With version 2.3.3 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

3 Rs

Reading, writing and spelling

2. Martin
    WTF?

reading, wrighting and reckoning?

Citation needed.

Or is this meant to be a joke?

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: reading, wrighting and reckoning?

There is a citation. Is that meant to be a joke?

3. dotdavid
    Pint

Half-baked

Does anyone else get the impression that Gingerbread is a bit... half baked. It was rushed out of the door for the Nexus S announcement, and since then has been unavailable anywhere else and subject to a constant stream of minor patches which haven't just been bug fixes but entire new APIs.

Pint icon because it seems Google's team was a bit quick to leave the office and head to the pub for some final build drinks.

1. Code Monkey
      Thumb Up

Gingerbread is half baked

[applauds]

2. Gerhard Mack
      Stop

no

I'm running Gingerbread on my Geeksphone One and it seems to lack a lot of the minor glitches that existed on Froyo. It is also a massive improvement in battery life.

4. Anon
    WTF?

NFC

NFC: I can't help but read that as an emphatic suggestion of a low probability.

5. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
    Headmaster

I was always taught

...that the three 'R's were Reading, wRiting, and 'Rithmetic.

1. Guus Leeuw
      Happy

Re: I was always taught

the continuous teaching paid of.

<Mr Burns>Excellent</Mr Burns>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like