back to article HP's Hurd set to join Oracle

Mark Hurd, pushed from the top job at HP after allegations of sexual harassment and misfiling of expenses, is about to get a board post at Oracle. Although neither the company nor its founder Larry Ellison would comment on the record a vote is expected within the next few days, according to both the FT and the Wall Street …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Achieving orbital velocity

He has achieved orbital velocity. From now on pushing and shoving which would destroy mere earthbound commoners like us will make him just change orbit. So unless he crashes into another similar object like Fred Godwin or Tony Haward he will remain in orbit safely until he expires.

2. JaitcH
    Thumb Up

A match mde in Heaven!

With Ellison's problem with verbal diarrhea, Hurd will likely be a useful counterbalance.

Wonder if Hurd had to sign a non-compete agreement before departing HP?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Tennis mates

A turd meet another one.

- Yet another 10K employees of once-innovative-pony-tail-loving-ex-company take the flush.

- An obscure storage company is purchased

- DB company releases an OS-integrated DB that runs exclusively on Itanium and tells you you need it

Surprising how a tennis match can have such consequences.

Mine is the one with tennis balls in the pockets

4. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Oh Dear

Well, if anyone if left from Sun, now they might was well pack their bags. This guy knows how to grasp the nettle, and is highly trained in taking the toughest of decisions, but hey it won't really matter, its only other peoples jobs after all.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

...continue the integration of Sun...

It's Hurd. That means, he's going to get rid of 20% of the staff - problem solved!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm, job title

"Vice" President.

or

President of "Vice"

If Oracle needs two Presidents then surely, Hurd could bring a touchy-feely atmosphere to such a bureaucracy.

Backs to the walls in Oracle's boardroom then from now on. Or not, maybe Larry likes to bent over from time to time.

7. FIA Silver badge
    Unhappy

Gah!

"Hurd resigned even though an investigation found his behaviour had not broken HP's sexual harassment code. The probe did however raise some questions about his expenses."

Some questions? He misappropriated twenty THOUSAND dollars worth of expenses. That's more than a lot of people earn in a year.

Christ, if I did that I'd be fired and probably face criminal charges, yet the rich and powerful do it and it's seen as a minor incident! Crazy!

8. Chris Miller
    Thumb Down

"allegations of sexual harassment"

Should fit right in at Whoracle - he can learn from the master how to defend against such allegations.

Need a Larry+horns icon - don't think the halo version will be necessary.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

Schadenfreude

What few people are left in what was Sun are in for even more good times with this guy coming on board. He was so universally loathed by employees at HP that he must be far more than just an executive with a vision and an ability to make difficult choices. I'll start making the popcorn and lay in a supply of beer in preparation for the show.

10. Tardis
    Heart

Jodie Fisher?

Hurd got HP to number one over Dell by "corporate entertainment" of client executives, with the help of high-class tarts like Jodie.

That's the kind of ACTION Larry wants to be in on, especially now he's on a war footing with Google.

11. Smoking Man
    Grenade

Yes, pleeeeeeeeease!

Hurd going for the CEO job at Oracle.

Would be the best thing that could happen in years.. for the competitors of Oracle like HP:

"I learned during my tenure at HP that Solaris is nothing you should think about..

Dump Solaris, WFR 10,000 drones. Maybe 15,000. Check.

Sell off real estate in the Bay Area. Maybe to HP? Check.

Oracle provides useful internal IT services? Let's get Randy Mott over. And kill IT. Check.

Launch a campaign to blacken Safra Catz and Charles Phillips. So that I can take over their roles. Check.

Get Larry out of the way. And make it look like an accident.. Check.

Find a way to book more money onto my account. All I need is a bigger pay..cheque!"

This topic is closed for new posts.