back to article Junk mail kingpin held on child abuse charges

Notorious spammer Leo Kuvayev is being held on remand in his native Russia over child sex charges. Kuvayev, 38, who occupies the second spot on Spamhaus' ROKSO list of the world's worst spammers, is accused of molesting 50 children from Moscow orphanages. The suspect has been held on remand since last December but news of his …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden
    WTF?

WTF !

is accused of molesting 50 children from Moscow orphanages

And theyre arresting this bloke??!?!?!?!

Shoot the asshole in charge of the orphanage allowing this to happen ......

1. LuMan
      Stop

Or, at the very least,

Investigate the orphanage management. To have that sort of access to that many children someone must have been helping him - possibly for financial gain??

2. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Can you read?

"orphanages" plural.

He may of had a good, cover, you know Here have a $1m to help the kiddies.

You may find their orphanages are not quite the same as the ones over here. Manyt have 2 or 3 staff to hundreds of kids, shity buildings and probebrly sod all security.

1. Lionel Baden

Ok fine I fixed it

Shoot the asshole'S in charge of the orphanage'S allowing this to happen ......

1. LuMan
          Headmaster

Er..

..sorry to be a pedant, Lionel, but you shouldn't have included the apostrophes...

1. Lionel Baden

@luman

Heehee no worries

Grammer is so not my strong point, and i have to admit it did look odd even to me but oh well ill chalk it up to another fail moment in my life !!

1. Graham Marsden
              FAIL

@Lionel Baden

"accused of" != "guilty of". Even in Russia these days, I've heard.

3. Robert Ramsay

you are of course assuming...

...that this actually happened in the first place. But ofc the Russian police would never make up stuff to arrest someone.

2. NogginTheNog

Not content with spamming

This guy's obviously looking for a collection of low-life awards!

3. Naughtyhorse

shooting's too good for this scum

I'd suggest... paper cuts (novel), say 1 for every bit of spam the shit has ever sent, then drown him in a bath of vinegar... hot vinegar.

and plz post it on youtube

1. Lionel Baden
      Joke

You Crazy !!

we dont have enough trees !!!!

:)

4. JaitcH
    WTF?

If you can't get him on e-mail scams ...

charge him with something else - an old U.S. law enforcement trick.

Don't be so quick to convict him ... even in Russia you are not guilty until the c=judge says otherwise AND sometimes even the judges say Guilty when the accused was not (framed by police).

1. Anonymous John

Yep!

What's good enough for Al Capone, is good enough for Leo Kuvayev

2. David Eddleman

Yep

It's how they got Al Capone. Everyone knew he was guilty as hell, but the only thing they could pin on him was tax evasion. For it, he went to prison and was killed in there.

1. Anonymous John
        Happy

Snap!

(body)

2. Mike Moyle
        Boffin

Capone wasn't killed in prison.

He served his sentence, although the last part was served in the prison hospital due to complications from advanced syphilis.

He died seven years after getting paroled, at his home in Florida.

5. Richard Wharram
    Grenade

Hmmm

Don't you wonder that maybe Russia wanted to lock this guy away and throw away the key and this was all very convenient for that purpose. :/

1. Lionel Baden

erm and wait ...

making spamming illegal is so much more difficult than fabricating lies from children ????

that sort of thing will never bite them in the ass later down the line

6. Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
    Grenade

Perhaps

a better punishment would be to make him write

"I must not send spam"

for every single spam e.mail he has sent.

Give it a million or 2 years he might finish and be let out of jail

7. Pseudopath 1

Hmm

Considering he fled the US to avoid paying a multimillion dollar fine and therfore likely to have that amount stashed away.. Then if he's convicted would the state sieze his assets? food fer thought me thunks.

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Why am I not surprised.

A spamming lowlife with known connections to organized crime (a lot of the blue-pills-and-malware spam is done for the organized crime syndicates) is a low life when he's not touching computers too?

Why would ANYONE be surprised at this.

What IS surprising, is that he's facing a trial.

-Anon because I have no reason to attract russian mob attention.

9. Will Godfrey Silver badge

How very convenient

I've nothing but utter contempt to spammers, scammers and their ilk, however 50 different kids! Even if he was able to get a 'new' one every month, that's over 4 years worth! I rather think, with the attention he was getting from all sides, somebody would have noticed something before now.

10. Shannon Jacobs
    Flame

Spam is NOT a law of nature

Gravity and evolution are laws of nature. Spam is NOT. Unfortunately, it is a law of human nature that there will be some people like this--but the laws of email are different. We (in a collective sense) made those so-called laws of email. We could fix them so that the low-life scum like this bastard would have to crawl under some other rock.

We can't really make them go away, but we can make sure they have as few rocks as possible, and make sure those rocks are as unpleasant as possible. There is something EXTREMELY wrong with any game that allows scum to make millions of dollars.

(In the long term, I'm sure we will fix the rules of email--but I don't get to live in the long term, and it really pisses me off to see scamming spamming scumbags like this one rip off millions of people on one hand so he can literally fsck with children with the other hand.)

11. bugalugs
    Coffee/keyboard

vladsblog/lubyanka

business as usual ?...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like