back to article Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Some films just beg for us to write about: step forward Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Written, directed and produced by Edgar Wright, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World has been sending critics wild, with many suggesting it tops Wright's previous films, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. No mean feat. Based on Bryan Lee O'Malley's cult …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matthew Anderson

or..

Get it on Pirate Bay? ;-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I don't know about that

but from that clip I certainly won't be paying to see it.

2. Anomalous Cowturd
      Pirate

Re: or...

Just not bother, because it looks like just about everything else coming to our local flea-pits these days.

Complete and utter shite!

I wouldn't waste my bandwidth...

1. Alpha Tony

so in summary...

...You hate cinema? Or just modern cinema?

Well thanks for sharing that.

Certainly a large percentage of what comes out of Hollywood is middle of the road, homogenised tripe as when you are a movie producer investing many millions of pounds in anything 'different' is frequently considered too risky.

That doesn't mean that there are not good films out there however if you look and you could do a lot worse than try some of the up and coming British writers and directors. Edgar Wright cut his teeth on the excellent comedy series 'Spaced' and has already made two thoroughly entertaining British movies, so I am interested to see what he can do with a bit more budget.

Similarly I would recommend 'Bunny and the Bull' , the debut movie from Paul King, the director of the Mighty Boosh (now out on DVD). It DEFINITELY doesn't look 'just about everything else coming to our local flea-pits these days' and manages to look amazingly stylish and original on a fraction of the budget of your average US release.

1. Anonymous Coward
          FAIL

RE: so in summary.

So in summary I hate crappy films.

As for your ridiculous assumptions I see no basis for them in anything written above your comment.

I can only assume that you are a fanboi as you seem to think that if you don't like this film you can't possibly like any modern cinema.

Unfortunately for that argument this trailer was an unending succession of identical fight scenes all ripped off from 1960's batman.

1. Alpha Tony

Actually Marcus...

My comment was in response to the post by 'Anomalous Cowturd' after yours which stated he would 'Just not bother, because it looks like just about everything else coming to our local flea-pits these days.

Complete and utter shite!'.

The clue was in the fact that I actually quoted some of his post in mine!

As for being a 'fanboi' I wouldn't go that far, but I do have high hopes for this film if for no other reason than I have enjoyed everything I have seen that Edgar Wright has written/directed before..

2. I didn't do IT.
    Pint

Why oh why...

do I see a young Tom Baker in the bottom image??!

Perhaps I am just realizing Dr. Who withdrawl... or perhaps a frosty adult beverage to wake up.

3. LinkOfHyrule
    Stop

Legend Of Zelda Music eh?

Legend Of Zelda Music eh? Why that is my favourite music! For obvious reasons! I might have to see this film, hurry up and make it available to watch at home though, I hate the cinema, too many smelly people and no pause button!

4. Drew Scott
    Thumb Up

Good

Was lucky enough to see a pre-screener of this a couple of months back for marketing. They hadn't finished all the effects (you could see wires at one point) but was very good. Will even pay this time to see the finished version.

5. Matthew
    Coat

"If you want to win her heart, it's time to break out the 'L-word'"

"Lesbian?"

"The other 'L-word'".

"Lesbians?"

Ahahahahahahahahahahah!

6. jai

awesome

lol - i can't believe the negative comments above

sounds like you guys should really be banned from this website - you're obviously lacking in the required qualification (a sense of humor and being an IT geek who's played computer games since childhood right up to this morning's journey to work).

i, for one, shall be pre-booking my ticket to see this as soon as possible

7. Flenser
    Paris Hilton

It may tope SotD and Hot Fuzz...

...but does it top Spaced?

Paris because she should have a cameo.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

urm...

Is that the kid from Flight of the Navigator on the right?

Was he abducated again? He's still 12! He should be about 40!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Trash but funny trash.

Can certainly see it won't appeal to everyone's taste and perhaps the trailer is a bit OTT but yes can see this becoming a cult classic amongst geekites.

I dare say i will end up seeing it at some point (although I find that main character to be a bit predictable in his comedy, geeky kid who stammers around women but ends up saving the day. Year One is another good example of that..) but I doubt I will be rushing to the cinema.

That "L word" sketch in the trailer is definitely a classic shame they have to put it in the trailer

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Trash but funny trash.

I saw it last night - wouldn't describe it as 'trash' at all. It's beautifully made and brilliantly entertaining. I'm not a gamer nor a huge fan of Michael Cera, but he's great in this, and the real-life-video-game thing throughout is delicious.

And it's a thousand times better than The Expendables but er, that doesn't take much.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Pint

@Sarah Bee

Well i stand corrected then :)

10. Alex King
    Thumb Up

It'll have to go some...

...to top the scene in SotD where they beat the zombie barman with pool cues to the beat of "Don't stop me now" by Queen.

Still going to go and see it in the cinema though. At least its bound to be better than the A-Team.

This topic is closed for new posts.