back to article Naked German women evade Swedish chopper

Keen Swedish cops deployed a helicopter and sniffer dogs last weekend after three clothes-light German women got lost in the woods. The naturist trio, aged 40, 50 and 56, set off at 4pm Sunday on a butt-naked jaunt from their holiday cottage by Långasjön lake, outside Karlshamn in the south of the country. Pals called for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Entirely not new worthy...

...right up until the last sentence!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

(untitled)

Should leave them alone, they're not harming anyone.

Society shows inability to set priorities properly again.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

They were reported missing

The cops were trying to find them, what's your problem with that exactly?

Or are you unhappy about the fact that El Reg has reported it? In which case all I can say is for FFS get a sense of humour.

2. Sulehir
      Stop

Um

Societies priority in this case was finding three missing people. The nakedness was just a interesting aside. Or did I misread the article?

3. lglethal Silver badge
      FAIL

Did you even read the article?

The cops were called when they failed to return from they're hike. So this was a search and rescue operation (which luckily turned out not to be required). This had nothing to do with the fact they were naturists.

Seriously, try reading the article next time rather then auto-ranitng a Daily Fail response...

4. Uk_Gadget
      Heart

Re: (untitled) → #

And what if that was your elderly naked mother loose in the wioods?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Coffee/keyboard

Argh

Must.. pour.. lemonjuice.. into.. minds.. eye..

Bah, now my day is shot!

1. Wize

They may 'not have been hurting anyone'

But were they suitably prepared for their trip in the wilderness?

Lack of warm clothing, no torches, lack of map/compass etc.

If it had been someone climbing a mountain in jeans and tshirt we would be calling them a f***ing idiot.

Some people should really think out what they are doing before they do it.

1. Andus McCoatover

Something like...

<quote>If it had been someone climbing a mountain in jeans and tshirt we would be calling them a f***ing idiot.</quote>

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Macedonia_FYR/West/Ohrid/Gradiste/photo699231.htm

Bloke didn't even have the sense to wear a t-shirt. Extreme fuck*king idiot, I guess, by your definition.

But, You are Wize.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Elderly aged 40, 50 and 56?

You'll take a different view on what age constitutes elderly when you're nearer 50, m'lad'o.

3. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

I'd say

"What big, um, how nice to see you, Mrs. Gadget."

I'm not surprised they chose to stay unfound (all right, they didn't), an overfriendly cold wet nose sniffing at youn isn't what you want on a summer evening... and then there's the dogs as well.

5. indicator

mm

They weren't bothering them, they were looking for them because their friends thought they were lost in the woods.

6. djack

Umm..

Read the article again. Looks like it was a search and rescue after they failed to return, not a "let's arrest the perverts" thing.

7. Anonymous John

Re (untitled)

"Should leave them alone, they're not harming anyone."

Who claimed they were? They were reported as missing, and the police searched for them. What else do you expect them to do?

1. I didn't do IT.
        Pirate

Re: Expected to Do

"They were reported as missing, and the police searched for them. What else do you expect them to do?"

Obviously, the OP was lulled into apathy by the state of their own police forces. Any missing persons reports to the local plod are usually met with "meh".

Perhaps the reason for the, ahem, urgency was the tips on tantilizing Teutonic tetons?

8. xj25vm
      Happy

Re: (untitled)

I believe they were worried about their safety - not attempting to prevent them from doing what they were doing. That is, unless you were being sarcastic :-)

On a different note, I take it they didn't describe their 'ordeal' in English - so then, what is the equivalent of 'grope in the dark' in Swedish (or German) then?

3. Andus McCoatover
    Thumb Up

Not newsworthy?

C'mon. Lester at his best.

Chopper? Wood? Sniffer? Doggie? Groping?

T'is Friday, after all...

4. Guy 3

@Anon #2

Anonymous wrote:

>Should leave them alone, they're not harming anyone.

>Society shows inability to set priorities properly again.

I think the point is not that they were naked, but that they were lost and hadn't come back.

In this respect, they could have been harmed themselves, so it's entirely appropriate to send a rescue team in to rescue them.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pictures required...

...or I won't believe that it happened.

1. Michael M

Pictures?

They were 40, 50 and 56 - I'll settle for one picture and two sketches.

6. Dr Christian

pics or it didn't happen

Title says it all really

7. Paul_Murphy

Also being naked

Means that they are more exposed to the elements - I would assume that they might have had some clothes in rucksacks, but even then the clothes would have taken up room normally used for survival things such as a cooker, fuel, food, water, first aid kit, mobile phone, gps, caravan etc.

Therefore finding three people turns quite quickly into something to worry about since they are far more likely to deteriorate more quickly than clothed hikers.

ttfn

8. Velv
    Go

Newsworthy ?

I'm off to Sweden next week and I for one welcome the good service provided by El Reg in warning what dangers might be lurcking in the woods.

Not that I suspect 2,000 kilted Scotsmen will be venturing more that 200 yards from the pub.

1. AndrueC Silver badge

I hope not anyway

Is there anything more frightening in the woods than a Scotsman wearing a kilt?

1. Anomalous Cowherd Silver badge

A scotsman not wearing a kilt

... but perhaps wearing only a twinkle in his eye.

9. Bob Gateaux
    IT Angle

Where's the IT angle?

Had the three of them spent a fortune on Steve Jobs' latest clothing range?

1. Anonymous John

Re Where's the IT angle?

[Sarah Bee type rant]

1. peyton?

You haven't been paying attention

Else you'd know Sarah can tell the difference between a joker and an idiot.

wrt Steve Job's clothes though - surely that would mean that they'd all be clad in blue jeans and a long-sleeved, black shirt??

2. Steve Babb
      Grenade

re: Where's the IT angle

Fortunately they took their new iPhone 4 to test it's AGPS compass and map apps, comforted by the belief that they could ring for assistance if they got into trouble.

Unfortunately, they took their new iPhone 4........

10. Jord
    WTF?

@pics or it didn't happen

"...The naturist trio, aged 40, 50 and 56..."

Really? You still want pics..?

1. slim mcslim
      Black Helicopters

@ pics

yes but only slightly grainy out of focus google earth c2006 style pics....

2. Dave in the States
      Paris Hilton

Tit le | el tiT

I'm 59, yup I'll chance the pics. Considering they were hiking at the time, I'd guess they are pretty fit.

Paris, as I'm sure she hikes in the buff.

3. F111F
      Paris Hilton

Hey now...

I'm 51 and I love to see 50+ yr old naked ladies. 'Course the only one I do get to see is my wife (I know, a near-mythical creature on The Register, but they do exist) of 27 years, but I keep hoping for more...

(Paris for I hope she'll still be posting sex videos when she's 50...)

11. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Preparedness...

Except for that lad that performed a half-marathon with just a pair of shorts (as seen on Discovery) on a -20ºC climate, I doubt these women would endure any harsh change in weather for long. (I bet they were not under such circumstances, anyway.)

Perhaps only Navy SEALS would be able to accomplish this feat, since they can maul any wild beast with their bare hands. Or so I heard, for their advanced survival training, where they can only bring a knife and a raincoat, and are supposed to survive 3 days in the wilds...

I would ask for pictures if they were at least 10 years younger.

12. Shaun Roe
    Happy

The bottom line

'There's bares in them thar woods'

13. Riscyrich
    Thumb Up

@Jord

Good point, well made :-)

1. Marcus Aurelius
      Go

Maybe

..best simulated with Playmobile

14. Graham Marsden
    Coat

Police were called...

... to control the crowds offering to help with the search...

15. Alan Ferris
    Coat

If no piccies....

... where's the Playmobil reconstruction?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

Reading this article

"Keen Swedish cops deployed a helicopter and sniffer dogs last weekend after three clothes-light German women got lost in the woods."

....ooh, sweet!

"The naturist trio, aged 40, 50 and 56, set off at 4pm Sunday on a butt-naked jaunt..."

.... oh snap, yuck.

"They told officers they'd gone astray shortly after departure, and had spent the last hour of their ramble "groping around in the dark""

Friday awesomeness!

17. Rob
    Coat

Hang on...

... 3 naked people on a hike for a few hours and the Police deployed sniffer dogs!! Someone call the RSPCA (or at least the Swedish equivalent).

18. Dougthedug
    Coat

The dangers of arsing around in the woods.

I suppose the main worry for the rescue services was that lost in the woods with no clothes on the women could easily have died of indecent exposure. You don't want to meet a grizzly bare in Sweden. Especially when it's German.

I'll get me coat.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

(untitled)

For God's sake so I missed the line where their pals had called for the search and accepted the implication in the article's title at face value. So this is an excuse to chuck insults around ? Get a life, preferably where you don't have a need to do down others to booster your own sense of self worth..

1. Anonymous John
      Happy

So this is an excuse to chuck insults around ?

Yes. That's what El Reg commentards do.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@(untitled)

Best stop digging that hole dontcha think?

20. Craig 28

@AC

They weren't trying to "booster their own confidence" by putting you down. They were pointing out that you had a serious failure in understanding the article which could have been easily rectified, and which genuinely made you look like an idiot.

They weren't making you out to be an idiot, you were doing fine at that yourself and obviously don't need any assistance. You missed several references to them having been lost not to mention the fact that they never claimed the trio had been arrested, or what they would be arrested for.

Serious sense of humour failure.

21. Anonymous John

"Police? "

"Three German women went for a walk in the woods, and haven't come back."

"I'll organise a search. Sergeant! we need four search parties! Can you describe them? What are they wearing?"

"Er, they're naked."

"They aren't harming anyone. Sergeant! Forget about the search parties."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like