back to article Ellison loses bid for US basketball franchise

Larry Ellison, as you all know, is accustomed to getting his way. But even the richest billionaire in Silicon Valley can't always get what he wants. And so it is with Ellison's desire to own the Golden State Warriors, where the chief executive officer of Oracle missed the jump ball to a Joe Lacob, a partner at Silicon Valley …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. disgruntled yank

for a tax loss?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the relational database was not yet a gleam in E.F. Codd's eye the last time the Warriors contended for a championship. I don't remember them making the news since for anything but a player throttling a coach, and that's going on ten years ago.

And I'm not sure that a committee of James Gosling, Tim Bray, and Larry's ex-wives would wish the Raiders on him. Al Davis's last good ideas happened back when the VAX was king--but the minicomputer companies didn't have NFL TV money to keep them on life support.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Feh.

**How** much for a bunch of whiny primadonna ex-ghetto brats with overactive thyroids? My mind is boggled.

Someone needs to check LJE for Alzheimer's... his 2nd childhood is coming on.

Where's the "stupid retard with too much money" icon? I guess Ballmer is close enough.

3. Nick 6
    Gates Horns

Ballmer tard?

That icon isn't Ballmer, its the world's top purveyor of shiney bricks to the terminally credulous, one Steve "the Jobby" Jobs.

Plus everyone knows Ballmer is just Gates in a Total Recall-style zip-up fat suit. So have a different icon.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like