back to article Hitachi GST tries to redefine external drives with LifeStudio

Hitachi GST is trying to redefine the consumer external hard drive with its LifeStudio products, which include local and cloud backup, document and multimedia content management, a 3D wall eye-candy interface and an attached USB stick. Hitachi GST has decided that consumers don't just want as much capacity as possible - they …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven Knox
    FAIL

No.

"Hitachi GST has decided that consumers don't just want as much capacity as possible - they need software to organise and simplify access to all their digital content, secure it and help them share it. Instead of having separate Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, YouTube and local content stores and interfaces there should be a single window through which you organise, view and share everything."

I already have perfectly acceptable systems to organize my data, TYVM. And did it ever occur to them that some of us WANT to keep our different silos of data separate?

They're partly right, though. I "don't just want as much capacity as possible." I also want drives that don't fail with less than a year's use. Unfortunately, from my experience, Hitachi falls down on that front as well.

2. Goat Jam
    Linux

Error in article

Here is the revised sentence;

"The software detects relevant content on an attached Windows or Mac PC's."

That is all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like