back to article Newzbin comes back to life

As predicted, Newzbin has come back to life. The Usenet indexer and search engine was shut after it was found guilty of copyright infringement at the end of March after action by the Motion Picture Association. A message on its website said: "Regrettably the Newzbin website has to close as a result of the legal action against …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Squirrel
    Thumb Up

vermin media - wait for it....

Their DNS is out of date, switch to the faster and manageable opendns.org, then ipconfig /flushdns :)

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Martin 15
    Thumb Up

Welcome back

And an interesting comment for the moaners

"When we get a credits system running we will be respecting the credits you have left over from Newzbin."

4. geejayoh

Well well...

honey pot by MPAA? Seized their servers?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

NZBs = XML

What's wrong with downloading an XML file?

I am a Web developer and I download these files all the time to inspect them.

A News server? What's that?

2. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

So what

"honey pot by MPAA? Seized their servers?"

It's not illegal to download an NZB file.

And they can't prove that anyone who downloaded an NZB also downloaded the content that it was indexing.

5. Daniel Owen
    Thumb Up

Best site on the web

except el reg of course :)

1. PirateSlayer
      Black Helicopters

Good to see...

...the nutters with their tin foil hats on.

Lets hope this zombie has a blood mage from RIAA animating it!

Again with the 'broken business model'. I just hope they move on to breaking the bones of people who wheel out that bullshit every time someone asks them to pay for something.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I don't understand your argument...

"Again with the 'broken business model'. I just hope they move on to breaking the bones of people who wheel out that bullshit every time someone asks them to pay for something."

Pardon?

Newbin was exclusively a 'pay' site

News Providers are exclusively 'pay' sites, giganews top tier is $30 a month

Tight people pay absolutely nothing my friend!

What's a cripping shame: If the RIAA were getting all these $30/month subscriptions it would be the equivalent for them winning the lottery every day,

Oh No maybe RIAA are going to buy up all the News Providers now?

You sound like a musician with your comments such as "breaking bones"

Well ive suggested 5 UKP/USD a month fee on broadband to be split proportionally by % of airplay / popularity etc, but I got shot down in flames, Nobodys interested. So musicians want no money then because for all the rich media content you get for 60 a year thats a bargain really, and it would amount to BILLIONS... all the money you guys want... but nobody wants to take our money..... something fundamentally wrong here. And we have the BPI (who should be looking after YOU) has itself so far up the big labels ass we can only see the shoe tread pattern and nothing else. Sounds like a big neon "sod you" to me mate...

One day in a universe near ours the realization will occur in their fucking thick skulls and shortsighted eyeballs that taking an alternative option is going to make them Billions more than pursuing the OLD one...

6. Arnie
    Thumb Up

Big Balls

I'll give it to em and to quote bon scott

"we've got the biggest balls of them all"

@Pirate Slayer - the reason you're not selling any albums is probably down to the label you're on being a dinasaur. Why not take your guitar down the underground, you're bound to make a few bob.

I used to buy media untill .gov.uk decided that the defence of copyright was more important than our civil liberties. The day Mandy wiped geffens spunk off his chin was the end of the MAFIAA seeing any of my hard earn't ££££. So you should probably go take mandy a kleenex and ask him to explain his actions.

imo EPIC WIN

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like