back to article Facebook European privacy head named peer

Facebook's European head of privacy is now a Lord. Richard Allan, director of European policy for the social networking outfit, is among the new Liberal Democrat peers, the BBC reports. The former MP joined Facebook in June 2009, after serving as European government affairs director for Cisco, and his name has become …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LinkOfHyrule
    FAIL

"But in other respects, he's rather trustworthy"

"But in other respects, he's rather trustworthy"

I'm sorry but no politic-tard is "rather trustworthy" if you ask me!

2. Sim~

politic-tard

Would that include the new Green MP for Brighton?

3. Flugal
    Headmaster

Voted strongly against ID cards?

How can you vote "strongly"? It's either a voted for or voted against.

Perhaps he argued strongly against them, and then simply voted against them?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Re: politic-tard

Yes it would. It's the nature of politics that forces people to behave a certain way.

Being against ID cards makes me not want to a politician. ID cards is/was a good idea. Eventually it would have worked if it had been given a chance, but people are so short sighted just because they feel their liberties are being eroded.

1. red hal

Oops!

It looks like you accidentally the whole verb. I'm assuming it was "trust"? ID cards could have been a good idea if they were confined to confirming ID, rather than acting as a way to track peoples' movements.

A way of proving you are who you say you are is the mainstay of any AAA system, but it must be with the consent of the ID holder, and this is where the system - as proposed - fell down.

2. Guus Leeuw
      IT Angle

Re BUgs R Us

I kinda of agree with you, but not to the tune of sofar 6 billion pounds. That's crazy, especially if you then calculate in that some lame computer consulting organization is going to run with the money and deliver sloppy implementations...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let me correct that for you

"Eventually it would have worked if it had been given a chance, but the government lied so strenuously and continually on every single point that its credibility as a solution was simply blown out of the water."

There, you may return to your life.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@flugal

"How can you vote "strongly"? It's either a voted for or voted against.

Perhaps he argued strongly against them, and then simply voted against them?"

It is done on voting record taken against a number of similar themed votes. So if there are (say) 3 votes on ID card related matters and the man voted against once and abstained twice, he would be voting weakly against. And so on.

So it can be assumed he voted against pretty much everything ID card related.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like