back to article HTC unwraps Wildfire Android 2.1 smartphone

HTC has introduced yet another Android handset, this one clearly set to be pitched at the less well-heeled if the spec is anything to go by. Dubbed Wildfire, the handset is an Android 2.1 offering, running the Google OS on a 528MHz Qualcomm processor and presenting it on a 3.2in, 240 x 320 capacitive touchscreen display. HTC …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gary F

Looks good

It's smaller than the Desire but why does the resolution have to be that low? Hopefully it has an accelorometer and multitouch too. I'm still looking for a replacement for my Diamond Touch. Would be cool if I could just update the firmware to Windows 7 Mobile when it's launched.

How about dual booting HTC hardware so you can select either Android 2.1 or Windows 7 Mobile. That would be perfect for people who can't mind up their mind or want to use an app that's only available on one OS.

2. Unimotorcyclist

Why not

Why not just call this the HTC Desire Mini?

1. Mr Brush
      Troll

Because...

It's basically a Hero with Eclair and a new case.

Same CPU, same RAM, same, same, same. I just hope the camera is a bit quicker.

It's basically a Hero Mk3 or Legend Mk2.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@Gary F

Why would ANYONE want to boot WinMo7, when it's got android 2.1 onboard?

1. Gary F

I can think of 1 reason

Android doesn't support Internet connection sharing via Bluetooth. You have to use a USB cable which means it's messy and you're buggered if you forget to pack the USB cable when you're out and about. There's a $20 utility that lets you use DUN with Bluetooth but it's not as good as PAN which is what Windows Mobile supports straight out of the box.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like