back to article Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR bridge camera

Until recently, the Fujifilm Finepix S200EXR was the company’s flagship bridge camera with its clever extended dynamic range (EXR) noise handling, 12Mp CCD sensor and a 14.3x zoom lens that in 35mm terms translates to an all-purpose 30.5-436mm range. FujiFilm S200 EXR Worth a shot? Fujifilm's Finepix S200EXR While the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Charles King

Stay short

Those telephoto shots are *nastily* soft, but it seems to perform reasonably well (for the price) at 3200. I expect the 30x zoom on Fuji's latest model will be even worse at the long end.

These cameras are reasonable for the casual shooter, but just a waste of money for people who want a decent long lens for nature photography.

1. A 20

@ Charles

It's worth looking at the EXIF on the telephoto shots; most of them appear to have been shot at ISO400, which never helps a small sensor. The light looked good though, so I'm not sure why it did that...

That telephoto lamppost shot is shaken too - there's a double edge on the highlights which gives it away.

If you want a simple way to find out the EXIF when browsing with Firefox, there's a neat AddOn called FxIF:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5673

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

12MP?

Is that 12 Fuji Fantasy MP (ie, 6MP) or 12 Real MP? What's the resolution in RAW mode?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 12MP?

"Is that 12 Fuji Fantasy MP (ie, 6MP) or 12 Real MP?"

Are you referring to the earliest generations of SuperCCD whose "interpolated" resolutions were promoted as the real thing? That hasn't been the case for a good five years or more, as far as I am aware.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Stay short

"These cameras are reasonable for the casual shooter, but just a waste of money for people who want a decent long lens for nature photography."

There does seem to be a steady parade of decent bird shots (of the feathered kind) produced by people with this camera and/or the S100FS, though. They claim that a big benefit of a bridge camera for bird photography is the relative silence compared to SLRs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like