back to article AA intros car parking space locator app

Not sure where to find your nearest NCP? Drivers can now look it up on an iPhone thanks to the Automobile Association. The AA has released an app that allows you to enter a location and get a map showing where you'll find parking bays, be they free or not. Street parking options appear to have been omitted, however. AA …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Hmm, the data accuracy looks a bit suspicious

If users can tell the AA how much space is available, that's surely an admission that the site doesn't have a mechanism for getting the information from the site owners so the information is going to be very sporadic.

The screen dump suggests the "AA" data is actually provided by parkopedia and, assuming they use the same info that drives parkopedia.com, even the location and price of the car parks hasn't been properly verified. I put in a post code of a venue I know well, and it informed me the venue's car park was "max £5.50" (but there isn't a charge at all) and listed a supermarket as a nearby car park, implying it was free (which it isn't) and couldn't be used for my stated visit (8.30-5pm) because it's limited to 3 hours. It also gave the price of one of the other car parks as £x for 30 minutes instead of giving the all-day price which would be charged for the stated period.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like