back to article LG backs away from '15,000 3D TVs for pubs' claim

LG isn't going to supply Sky with 15,000 3D TVs so that the broadcaster can enable 15,000 of Blighty's pubs to show their clientele 3D footie matches, the consumer electronics company has claimed. Yesterday, it said that 15,000 total is the number of tellies it had agreed to sell to the satellite broadcaster, which will kick …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom Chiverton 1
    FAIL

quid

At a hundred quid per pair, how many pubs are going to buy the 30 or 40 they'll need, never mind manage to get them all back at the end of night ?

None ?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

PR

LG PR couldn't organise a piss up in a... wait a minute...

The LG specs are cheap - £1.50 - better than the heavier, costly monsters from Sony / Samsung

3. pctechxp

Didn't believe it for a second

We're talking about Murdoch here, he doesn't give anything away he can sell.

I bet even a proportion of the sky high subs for his mostly naff TV service goes on funding the 'free' decoders.

Only decent thing on Sky is the golf but I wouldn't pay 50 quid a month to watch it.

4. Robert E A Harvey

.and must contain letters and/or digits.

Thank gawd for that

5. joe_wulf

Confused technology

Hi guys,

i think some of you have confused the technology slightly. Passive is the technology that LG are looking to use for commerical (bars etc) use. The glasses for this are considerably cheaper then the glasses used with the active shutter TVs.

The active shutter glasses are more expensive as they create a HD image whereas passive do not. To create an HD picture obviously is more expensive and i think even requires battery in the glasses!

I was one of the lucky few who got to see the LG passive 3DTV when it was tested out showing man utd vs arsenal in the premier league in 3D. Totally blown away by the experience. It was excellent!!

I blogged about it with pictures here:

http://bit.ly/bxkRrS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like