back to article World finally using unified communications

It seems that Unified Communications (UC) has at last started to move beyond the ‘what is it’ stage and hit the mainstream world of real users with real implementations and real experiences. As we found in our poll (full report available here) at the end of last year with Reg readers, which looked at advanced business …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Fully buzzword compliant

As Penny in BBT would say before leaving the room: "Wow."

Meaning of UC, anyone? Disappointed not to see my favourite meaningless business phrase "Going forward", but at least there were plenty of others.

Silver badge

Finally?

"It seems that Unified Communications (UC) has at last started to move beyond the ‘what is it’ stage and hit the mainstream world of real users with real implementations and real experiences."

Oh. I guess all the stuff we did back in the '60s & '70s that brought about the thingie that we now call "The Internet" didn't really have much impact.

I can live with that :-)

Bingo!

http://www.lovelyjane.btinternet.co.uk/bullshit.htm

FAIL

Analysis

Back in 2003 The University of Bradford were charged £20,000 by a consultancy firm to recommend new names after their merger with Bradford College. The consultancy after 3 months and the extortionate fee came up with 3 suggestion: Bradford University, University of Bradford and The University of Bradford. Looking at this article I can't help but think that UoB got a great deal. Analysis is supposed to add value not repeat the raw data back at you compressed into graphs with a few obvious statements liberally scattered with TLAs, I think you could have replaced UC with Outsourcing, Windows 7 or Hot Lunches and still got pretty much the same article.

Gold badge

Uwhat?

What is UC and UM? I've never heard of them. Ldap? Some kind of certificates? Is the im xmpp or something new?

Anonymous Coward

errrr....

"It seems that Unified Communications (UC) has at last started to move beyond the ‘what is it’ stage and hit the mainstream world of real users with real implementations and real experiences."

What is it? I gleaned a rough comprehension (I tihnk) from looking at the names of the columns on the stats accompanying the article but I'm still not sure...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017