back to article Apple: popularity, not problems, caused iMac delays

Apple says that the shipment delays of its top-of-the-line 27-inch iMacs aren't because it has halted production while it works to correct the big boy's display problems. The real reason for the delays? "The 27-inch iMac has been a huge hit with customers and we are working to increase supply to meet up with strong demand," the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

iBollox

I bet the problems are suddenly rectified once they catch up with production.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

popularity is key

you have got to be a fool to claim that Apple lacks popularity nowadays. This statement makes sense otherwise many boring bashers will not miss the opportunity to state the fact that sales figures are low.

3. Bear Features
    Thumb Up

gees

Their B.S. just never ends does it. And what caused the iHardware issues? Don't pretend to put a spin on it.

4. Reading Your E-mail
    Coat

Solution

Change the hardware. Not that big of a deal. Steve

5. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Lol

Devil steve...because even the fanbois will spot that this is a huge porky-pie.

6. deadlockvictim

Wise Saying

It's no big deal. Just change your Macintosh.

7. Jon Winter 1
    Thumb Up

My 27 inch iMac is fine

I've had no problems so far with my 27" iMac, which I've had for a couple of months now. The screen is beautiful and the i7 chip is an order of magnitude faster at video compression than my previous Mac Mini. iLoveit.

8. Alex-TheManfromUncle
    Flame

Grrrrr!

3 freaking months I've been waiting for an i7.. 3!

Some say I've been lucky with not having one from the start, but the fact of the matter is it just wasn't ready yet..

Strangely though, I'm still waiting patiently for one..... Yes yes, you can call me stupid, I don't mind.

9. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

When will they start to re-release them?

Went to an Apple store, then rang Apple direct, then to a Authorised Retailer (at someone's suggestion that they hear the rumours more so) and they all said the same thing: No information as to when the i7 will be re-released in the UK (let alone the world)... WTF?

Are online orders being accepted? I don't want to order one only to be held in some sort of queue for months on end..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like