back to article Singapore nightclub offers booze for boobs

A Singapore nightclub has launched an initiative which rewards gals with free booze depending on the size of their chesticles, the China Times reports. The OverEasy club decided to launch its "Fill My Cups" promotion to punt events featuring Oz DJ DCUP. Cheryl Ho, spokeswoman for the venue's owner, explained: "It was really a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What next, a play on her name?

>> Cheryl Ho, spokeswoman for the venue's owner, explained: "It was really a play on the guest DJ's name." <<

1. Pirate Dave Silver badge
      Pirate

at first read

I thought her name was Cherry Ho. Had to re-read it to be sure...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Pictures

or it never happend

3. Peter Kay
    Thumb Down

Way to destroy even more women's self image..

Not fun, that.

Of course, to play the stereotypes and subvert the bar it might be fun to bus a load of women from certain countries into the bar.

I suspect women with a D cup or above are relatively infrequent in China, but they're certainly not in the UK. It'd still temporarily be degrading women, but completely emptying the bar of bottles of vodka (and then leaving) would be amusing.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Singapore is not China

Some basic geography required. Singapore is not China.

Unless of course you also consider Australia to be part of the UK.

1. deadlockvictim

I don't see why not.

Like the UK, both it and Australia seem to be part of the US.

2. Mark Aggleton
        Stop

Of course it is

It's our prison isn't it?

3. here

Aye...

Thank you for clarifying that AC - sometimes the lack of geographical knowledge is astounding.

4. Roby

Searching for double entendre

"Women should think twice before popping themselves in there."

1. Annihilator
      Coat

Ahem

Woman walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one.

1. MarkB

Entendres

Man walks into a bar and asks for an entendre.

The barmaid asks "double or single". The man says "double".

The barmaid says "Right, yours is a large one".

5. Elmer Phud

Displacement experiment

O.K. - to make things equal shouldn't the blokes have something similar with a "Dump yer nuts in the pint glass" and they get to drink what's left?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Hmmm......

I can get at least one free drink out of my moobs so definately worth a visit!

They didn't specify if you had to be female now did they! :o)

7. Jamie Kitson

Men Too?

From this:

> One man and one woman have been tasked with assessing customers' assets.

I assumed it was to be men and women to be screened, surely there's a sexism suit in there otherwise.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sexism in Singapore ...

I doubt a "sexism" suit would go very far in a Singapore court.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blimee...

If D cup gets a free bottle of voddy, a nameless friend of mine would bankrupt the club!

9. ElReg!comments!Pierre
    Pint

"We don't condone touch tests."

But how do you detect padding then?

Now if you would excuse me, I need to shave and get me some silicon padding...

10. JeffShortland
    Alert

You know, the double works both ways...

I'm by no means against fair play, equating female to male rights as best we can, but sometimes I just stop and have to say "... really? this is a big deal to you?"

If a guy suggests something like this, a wet tshirt contest, a women's night, or in this case, Tat for tit, and women openly and enjoyably agree to participating, then it's chauvinism and degrading to women (who had no problem and volunteered). Now, take that same initiative by a female, which might not be exactly the same venue, but none the less similar in outcome, and it's suddenly acceptable, infact often treated as clever, because they're minipulating the system to their advantage (their advantage being able to get something for being, well, a women).

Frankly, I think thats great. I honestly think we've built up a pedistal for the female body, and there is nothing wrong with admiring it as a thing of beauty. But, it is neither feminist, nor anti feminist/degrading to make use of that. In all fairness, its pitching to the converted.

I'm waiting for the upset females who disagree, but frankly, that's all there is to it. I don't take off my pants for hamburgers, wether it's a guy or a girl who suggests it at a pub, but that's my M.O., I certainly don't call it an attack on my gender, and neither should you.

11. Colin_L
    WTF?

Singapore is China?

Oh, really? :P

Obviously D cups are considerably more rare in Asia, especially in non-augmented form. The coudn't afford this stunt anywhere in the west.

12. mafoo
    Joke

Sensible health concerns

Its obvious they are doing the right thing here by allocating drinks based on a persons body mass and thus preventing unhealthy overconsumption of alcohol.

13. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

@Peter Kay

FYI Singapore is not in China

14. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

quality, not quantity

Some of us guys actually prefer the A-cup gals. Bottle of vodka for a D-cup? What about a glass of a really good wine for the small-is-beautiful crowd?

15. IR

Business sense

Not too different from the no cover charge for women, except that in this case you know that the girls with the biggest kahooners have had the most to drink.

16. Graham Marsden
    WTF?

Why not one for the guys...?

Oh, because perhaps a woman shouting out "give this guy a shot-glass of beer" might not be to their liking...?

17. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Typical for Singapore

Ive worked in Singapore, and let me tell you this is run of the mill stuff. Bars like Coyote Ugly (yes, named after the film) positively encourage female guests to strip their tops off and dance on the bar. It is, quite literally, full of merchant bankers cheering them all on. For that matter, it is usually female merchant bankers dancing on the bar.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Sounds familiar

Kuala Lumpur's not so different (but a hell of a lot freer).

And for the "Singapore's not China" commenters, true, but the people are 90% chinese

1. Mark Aggleton
        Thumb Down

But

in reality they are Singapoeans of Chinese origin, much the same way there are Brits of Jamaican/Bangladesh etc. origins.....

2. Jay Castle
        Thumb Up

Time to embark on the Grand Tour..

First two stops, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.....

Honk, Honk!

3. asiaseen

Not 90%

According to the Singapore Yearbook of Statistics only 74% of the population is Chinese.

18. lansalot
    Coat

Wouldn't work in Scotland

Sadly, due to the diet, the average cup size in the North appears to be well above D. With belly to match... When's the next train South, anyone know ?

19. Anonymous John

Popping in?

Not popping out?

Playmobil reconstruction please.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC 00:13

Chris Hansen would like you to take a seat.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like