back to article Roll up, roll up for the great Reg survey

Have you got that New Year feeling? Not sure who you are anymore? Uncertain what you want out of life? We can help - but you need to help us first. With more than ten years of these online shenanigans under our belt, you’d think we might have got fat and lazy. But no. Every day we struggle to find new and innovative angles to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Apocalypse Later

Don't ask...

...don't tell.

2. Doug Glass
    Go

Oh Really?

RE: "The entire thing is entirely anonymous ... "

So you guys really believe anonymity on the web actually exists? I'll be damned!!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re anonymity

I beg to differ. Technically speaking, you are right and anonymity hardly exists because virtually everything is buffered or logged somewhere. Though practically, there is information overflow and nobody (despite conspiracist's claims) is able to gather and process all the available data and make sense of it. Therefore there is sort of anonymity.

The very same is also tactics in electronic warfare - you bombard your enemy with crap data so it is overstrained with filtering out real data. Does it really work? I cannot answer this question.

anon, because ElReg knows

3. Martin 47
    FAIL

Are we mekins?

I use £ over here in the UK

4. The Original Steve

"Help us find out who you are"

Ask Google

5. nvrom

Interesting there was no location query

Interesting that there is no location query, as a Colonial I fully expected to broaden the demographic, but wasn't asked. { Maybe they log the IP's for that info? }

This topic is closed for new posts.