back to article PHP founder takes flight from Yahoo!

PHP founder Rasmus Lerdorf has left Yahoo! Lerdorf announced his departure via the popular Web2.0rhea service Twitter. "Feels a bit odd to be unemployed. Probably crazy to leave the best job I have ever had," he wrote, "but after 7+ years it was time for something new." Twitter is also where Lerdorf voiced his opinion of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yahoo!?

Are they still going?

2. Anonymous Hero
    FAIL

Pot/Kettle/Black

"As lame as I feared," - Has Rasmus stepped back and looked at the abortion he birthed that is PHP. I bet the guys at Yahoo! are thinking "thank fuck for that".

@RegisterFail: +1

3. Kevin Bailey

@RegisterFail

If you use PHP in conjunction with Zend Framework, Smarty and use proper MVC practices I think you'll find it does the job very well.

It's only 'fault' is that it's so easy to use we have non-programmers programming.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

@Kevin Bailey

PHP practically encourages you to write shit code. It's ideas of extensions are 'oh look a C API. Lets just SWIG that and whack it in'. Epic fail.

If my boss told me I was to work on a PHP product, I'd quit and sue for constructive dismissal, it is that shit. The whole language is perl for the retard generation.

AC, just in case my boss gets any ideas.

5. John Collins
    Stop

Que the PHP is evil brigade! (yawn!)

Can we stop it with the PHP FUD please? Get over it already!

6. Bilgepipe
    FAIL

Yeah, that PHP is soooo crappy

Yeah, PHP is so crap. I mean, no-one in their right mind would use it to create some of the largest websites in the world or anything, would they? Cause all other languages don't let you write crap code or anything, instead magically turning your results into Reg-commentard-friendly masterpieces.

Where's the rolleyes smilie?

7. James Dunmore
    Stop

@RegisterFail and others

You only get bad PHP code (and insecure web apps), if your a bad programmer; yes there are some bad things about it, but those have been addressed in 5/6, etc.

@Kevin Baily - spot on.

It's just like a non designer designing code, or a developer "having a stab" at HTML/CSS - it fails - when you have a non programmer programing PHP, it goes bad.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

PHP's okay

Actually, it's not bad, really. It's certainly overgrown but it's more an issue of crap programmers can write crap programs in any language, so the languages you see most have the most crap programmers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like