back to article Lamborghini to go (partly) electric

Lamborghini’s CEO, Stephan Winkelmann, has revealed that the Audi-owned supercar maker plans to add electricity to its drive trains from 2015. Lamborghini_Gallardo_Superleggera_01 Lamborghini's Gallardo: the next-gen model will be the firm's first hybrid But in an effort to stop Ferruccio Lamborghini's body from revolving …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Blaspehemers!

These cars were the stuff dreams and legends were made of; if you could purchase one of these, you didn't give a crap about economy! You cared about two thing: prestige and balls to the wall performance.

If I had one of these cars (v12 fire breathers, non-green) the last thing on my mind would be co2 footprint, damn it; a trip to the grocery store should be damn near orgasmic!

2. Ali 4
    Thumb Up

ECT?

So rather than the cars bursting into flames, the drivers will get electrocuted instead? Sounds good to me!

3. h 6
    Stop

in 2015?

A bit late for hybrids then, ay?

4. Martin 6 Silver badge
    FAIL

Sound financial sense

So as a hybrid the Lambo wouldn't pay the congestion charge?

So if i buy a £gazzillion supercar I can save £few/day?

That should make sound financial sense to the city bankers that can afford one.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

an orgasmic ride

< quote>damn it; a trip to the grocery store should be damn near orgasmic!</ quote>

It wouldn't, ya know. The orgasm would wear off after the second petrol stop (needed to get you TO the grocery store), and most "supercars" are a nightmare to drive on suburban streets (they're wide as a bus).

On the plus side though, you would look extremely good when you pulled up outside the grocery store. And the checkout chick's knickers would melt before you got to the counter.

A quarter of a million pound to give someone else an orgasm. Not worth it in my book. Hybrid or not.

Mine's the one with the cheque from Ferrari in the pocket ;p

6. Skeptic Al

Gallardo?

I could have swore on this weeks Top Gear they had news that Lamborghini were no longer going to be building the Gallardo, the LP500 VBOMGWTF Limited "Where's my face" Edition was the last (being replaced with a new model?).

7. Russ Williams
    Flame

The good side of environmentalism...

I for one support this green car and the zero tax/congestion charge on such environmentally-friendly hybrids.

Not least because it's a great way of adding huge amounts of low-speed torque to complement the V12 - which, unlike an electric motor, doesn't need exponential amounts of energy to increase the top speed. Mwahahahahaha! :-D

(Fire. Gallardo. Here's a picture I found on the internet.)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Skeptic Al

The Murcielago is at the end of its life, not the Gallardo, which is the smaller one.

This topic is closed for new posts.