back to article BT profits hit by Global Services

BT saw its profits for the first quarter ended 30 June 2009 hit by continued poor performance at its Global Services division. Group revenues grew by one per cent to £5.24bn, although this was actually a three per cent fall when currency movements are factored in. EBITDA was £1.3bn and profit before tax was £272m, compared to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Fandango
    FAIL

Ahhhh....

......the pleasure of watching a car-crash.

2. Andy Livingstone

Does not matter at all

They will get it back from the locals.

See price increases due in October 2009 and in January 2010.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Fandango

Yep, I bet they're weeping at a share price jump of 12% and 80,000 new customers.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

cost cutting

Quick bring in some more cheap IT labour from outside the EU under the "intra-company transfer" rule to cut costs and increase line rental.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Welcome

Other licensed operators are available

There are over 200 OLO's operating in the UK besides BT. People are instructed on a daily basis on how to move suppliers should they wish. This is predominately unsolicited.

Personally, however I'd rather a service provider actually provided a service fit for my purposes and I don't mind paying BT a little over the average market rate to get that. Ian Livingstone is God in my book, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone of his callibre this side of the Hindu Kush.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like