back to article Xerox Phaser 6280V/DN

The sales ratio of colour to mono laser printers continues to swing towards colour, and not just in the SoHo market. If you want to buy a colour machine for a small business or a reasonably-sized workgroup, say four or five people, then the Xerox Phaser 6280V/DN certainly deserves a look. Xerox Phaser 6280V/DN Xerox's Phaser …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Svein Skogen
    Happy

An upgraded 6180DN

This by all means is just an upgraded 6180DN.

Got one here. After 25K pages the jam-count is still zero. And I can attest to the printer lacking the slow-down feature in its duplexer, quite simply because it's designed to handle up to four pages in memory at once.

Be adviced that photo printing is best served with the PCL driver if printing from lightroom (the PS driver uses real CMYK output and Lightroom chokes on the ICM)

//Svein

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

naah

Guess it's a Fuji box as it's colour and not a crayola/Techntronics unit

MFP version has a fairly nasty interface too.

Don't like the trip hazard stabilizing feet either.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

Yay!

I love my 6180DN at home. I would say I'd upgrade to the 6280DN when the 6180DN goes to the big printer heaver in the sky, but it'll probably be replaced with a newer model (6380?) long before the 6180 dies :).

Sure, it's not an $800 Epson photo printer, but for anything but photo work, the printer ROCKS and the printouts on thick cardstock look beautiful.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it a Dell? Or are the Dells Xeroxes?

We use a number of Dell lasers (3110CN) and the insides look identical to this printer, even down to the label positioning.

So is the Dell using a Xerox engine or the Xerox using a Dell engine? I suspect the former!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it a Dell? Or are the Dells Xeroxes?

No it's a Fuji

This topic is closed for new posts.