back to article Bing boxes off mucky vids

Bing has altered the way it serves up video content to counter criticism that it was making it too easy to see unsavoury material. We know - unsavoury material on the internet? Who knew? But the difference with Bing is that it serves up preview windows when you do a video search. If your mouse passes over one of these windows …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. GrahamT
    Joke

Availability of Mucky Vids

Quote: "Register readers seem evenly split on whether this was bad or good."

That'll be XY vs XX chromosomed readers then.

2. Sartori

Bing boxes off mucky vids

Well, there goes the extra couple of % share it gained most likely ;)

Anyone thought to ask MS if they actually do have a server called Bada running Bing? Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: Bing boxes off mucky vids

Sartori wrote: "Anyone thought to ask MS if they actually do have a server called Bada running Bing?"

They're more likely to have one called Chandler...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I for one...

...welcome our pr0n finding overlords from Redmond. Oh *hey* what's this then? A redirect! To http://www.bing.com.

We Eurasians, we don't get the video search (let alone the preview windows), and now we don't get the explicit server too??

5. Lionel Baden 1

wonder if they also have one

called chandler ?

6. Ray0x6
    Stop

ORLY?

'Quote: "Register readers seem evenly split on whether this was bad or good."

That'll be XY vs XX chromosomed readers then.'

I have spotted a lady commentors on here and, of course, dear Ms. Bee must also count as a reader of this publication but I will eat my space suit helmet/left moon boot/own head if 50% of the Reg's readership is female.

obligatory lame xy get coat/paris/alien overlord/black helicopter/and i claim my 5 pounds gag here

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Explicit?

'potentially explicit images and video content will now be coming from a separate single domain, explicit.bing.net'

So who decides what is explicit then? Microsoft?

Expect all chair throwing videos to be banned

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's Good Isn't It

So, in effect, they have created a pr0n portal (explicit.bing.com), so we no longer have to go around different web sites, and It'll play them for you.

Excellent, has anyone told dear Jacqui's husband yet ?

9. Major N
    Thumb Up

Interestingly...

if you try to ping bada.bing.com you get a resolve. You don't get one from chandler.bing.com. Both autoforward to www.bing.com if you HTTP to them....

I believe this may answer your question.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like