back to article David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

Local media report that veteran actor David Carradine has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room - apparently having hung himself in a closet using a curtain cord. David Carradine in Kung Fu The 73-year-old actor was in the city to shoot his latest movie, Stretch. His personal manager Chuck Binder described the news as " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Ian Rogers
    Unhappy

Ahh so

Grasshopper,

You hop no more.

2. Andrew Moore

Update-

Apparently he was found hanged.

3. The Librarian
    Unhappy

Oooook!

Oook! Oooooook! Ook!

4. Hanin Elias
    Unhappy

RIP

great actor... sad to hear he took the easy way out. you'll be missed!

5. Del Merritt
    Dead Vulture

Take the pebbles from my hand

RIP, Grasshopper. Oh, and be careful in your final race...

(tombstone for reasons other than the one El Reg suggests, of course.)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm

Other news sources reported that he was found on the floor of the wardrobe with a rope tied around his neck and body...

No-one has mentioned whether he might have been drugged before being killed.

It's also pretty hard to shut a hotel wardrobe door from the inside when you're all tied up...

7. Pyros

...I'm confused.

The neck, I understand... but the privates?

Could it be a severe case of the blue balls in his old age?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Auto

"...and genitals"

? Suicide or.... ?

9. Paul

Look at the last paagraph of the section 'Death'

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=David_Carradine&diff=294383116&oldid=294383096

10. E
    Unhappy

RIP

He was a good actor, I enjoyed his stuff.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who?

Sorry, I have absolutely no clue when it comes to celebrity names. For the benefit of anyone in the same boat as myself. It's that bloke from that old kung fu program. You know the one, he played a blind kung fu dude or something, I think.

Long (ish) hair.

Pyjamas.

12. Colin MacLean

Alas...

From the description of his final pose, sounds like he would have made an excellent Tory MP.

13. An ominous cow herd

Rope around his neck...

...and genitals?!? WTF?!?

Ouch?

14. Adam Foxton
    Coat

But you still know

he'll be back for the next race after the Swiss Doctors have a crack at fixing him.

In the name of Mr President, RIP David Carradine.

It's the black one with the hood, cape & mask.

15. Martin Lyne

Lame

I loved the original Death Race.

There seem to have been a lot of publicised suicides recently.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Rope arund his genitals?1?

Possibly an auto-erotic thing?

Whether he meant to do it or an accident, 'tis a shame.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

If Only

If Only he had made it out of the closet...

"Police said he was found "with a rope around his neck and genitals", according to a BBC report this afternoon. "

Yes, I know I'm a terrible person I will go and stand in the corner and face the wall.

18. Law
    Paris Hilton

RE: RIP

"great actor... sad to hear he took the easy way out. you'll be missed!"

Didn't sound that easy to me - downright painful!! :(

There will be so many conspiracy theories about this now - he was masturbating, no, he was killed by triads, no, it was suicide, no, it was assassination, no, he was on drugs... etc etc.

Poor guy either way, although he lived a pretty sweet life.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@paul and wikifiddlers

ROFL!!

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A Folly of a Deed, Nonetheless.

"Possibly an auto-erotic thing?

Whether he meant to do it or an accident, 'tis a shame." ..... By Anonymous Coward Posted Thursday 4th June 2009 15:07 GMT

A manic psychotic episode? MkUltraSensitive? ..... for AIMaiden Madness In Sanity.

PsychoSIS. And an MuI7 ProgramMING.......... for Base IQs ..... FundaMental Free Radicals ........ XXXXistentialists.

21. Stephen Donohoe
    Unhappy

Death of a Legend

The Bride: And what, pray tell, is the five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique?

Bill: Quite simply, the deadliest blow in all of martial arts. He hits you with his fingertips at five different pressure points on your body. And then he lets you walk away. But after you've taken five steps, your heart explodes inside your body, and you fall to the floor, dead.

Mort: HE HAD IT COMING

22. Andus McCoatover
    Coat

@Ian Rogers - and others.

Surely you mean "Glasshopper"?

Nope, to "Who" - he wasn't the blind dude. That was his Master. "Glasshopper - you have much to learn"

(@Hmmm) Forgive me, but this isn't the first famous death to occur by hanging -tadger-in-full-view in a wardrobe?*

72? Christ-on-a-bike, I have trouble getting it up at 52. Never thought of using a rope.

But then, you should see my missus. Best not. Curdle your milk.

*As a friend of mine asked "Have you ever been caught masturbating in a wardrobe" (me) "No!" (friend) "Great place to hide, ain't it?"

Cheap coffee-resistant keyboards at Tesco.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Get with the programme

Jeez, why can't these auto-erotica peeps content themselves with jacking off like the rest of us with a bit of cheap hotel p0rn and a box of tissues close to (the other) hand?

Paris, she'd have shown him how it's done properly without topping yourself.

24. Andrew Fraser

Awwww

Sad....

I remember him from Kung Fu, and Kill Bill.

A great loss...

25. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

this death has a name

It's called "doing a Michael Hutchence". Pushing yourself to the edge of consciousness whilst experiencing an orgasm.

Only, it's a really really stupid thing to do alone.

What a way to go, with your knob in a noose, in a wardrobe, in Bangkok hotel.

Exit stage left.

26. Red Bren
    Alien

@AC - 15:33

Step out of the cupboard AManFromMars, we know it's you...

27. tuna
    Dead Vulture

What Did 1 SadoMasochist Say to The Other?

You will regret that, Joe.

28. Matt
    Coat

sounds like...

the classic asphyxi-wank.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Don't mess with rope in a wardrobe...

Don't mess with rope in a wardrobe... you might ninja yourself.

...sorry.

30. Bad Beaver
    Unhappy

Oh no.

What a shame to lose him. RIP, man.

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Possibly...

...was rehearsing for a sequel to "Bound for Glory"

32. John Freeman
    Dead Vulture

Ummm....

He was in Bangkok for heavens sake, he could go down to the nearest club (usually within a stones throw of any hotel and bar-fined a chick within minutes, yet he chooses to go Auto-erotic in the closet? He must have been Catholic.

33. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

*IF* it was a sexual mis-adventure thing...

Then big-up to the guy for still cracking one out and having a bit of a wild side at the age of 73! :-)

34. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

just sad

'nuff said.

35. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

And???

We're waiting for the IT angle.....

36. lardheppus
    Joke

Well

Was he well hanged, or well hung?

37. ThinkingOutLoud
    Paris Hilton

KC, RIP

Keith, I have enjoyed your work since I saw you on Kung Fu, imitating you on the school playground.

Recently, I thought you were great on Kill Bill and looked forward to seeing you again soon.

Alas, no more. WTF happened? Why couldn't Peter Andre have taken your place?

F*ck.

Paris should have been with you to make your last moments easier...

38. Andy Bright

Kill Bill

"I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point. But I have only one more. The last one, the one I'm driving to right now. The only one left. And when I arrive at my destination, I am gonna kill Bill."

Rumours that police are searching for a blond woman carrying a Hanzo sword remain unconfirmed..

39. 4irw4y

Bangkok Is A Diagnosis

When translated from Bangkokian, "Police identifies a suicide" is "Journalists may come with money".

40. ratfox
    Coat

Bill Killed

So she got him in the end...

Mine's still... in the wardrobe...

41. jaime
    Unhappy

The world is a poorer place today

His box set of Kung Fu dvd's are some of my favorite of all time!

I'll have to watch them all again now...

RIP

And if anyone is looking for an IT angle in all this his brother Robert Carradine played one of the biggest nerds ever in Revenge of the Nerds I and II!

42. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wasn't Bruce Lee meant to be Caine

or did he write the concept and it got pinched by Warner Ninja Bros.

Well if you are going to reveal the secret arts, then see what happens.

Yes they all look like accidents don't they, very impressive.

43. Rhiakath Flanders
    Dead Vulture

RIP

You've inspired us all during our childhood, with your "kung fu" series. You kept us all company thru the TV.

Rest in peace, Grasshopper.

PS: And I really would NEVER EVER imagine kwai chang caine dying inside a wardrobe with his balls tied up.

44. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!

No surprise

I'd heard of a few interviews where he'd sit every evening with a loaded gun and think about eating it, just as an interesting philosophical excercise. Always figured he'd end up doing himself in somehow.

Shame though. He did a lot of good as an ambassador for the martial arts - how many people got into them in the 70's because of him? Add that to the publicity work he's done for the more positive side of the arts since then, he did a lot of good. Shame he had to have this as his final legacy. He's forever going to be known as "The Wanking Grasshopper".

Love the Wikipedia bit posted by Paul @ 1459. For those who can't be arsed to go there yourselves (and I don't blame you, I always want a shower after visiting WikiLand), the sentence in question, under the subheading of 'Death' on DC's WikiBio is:

"The cause of death was a ninja assasination in the middle of the night. Carradine was unable to fend off the attack because his buddy Chuck Norris was passed out drunk."

45. Andus McCoatover
    Joke

@Look at the last paragraph of the section 'Death'

I'm sure it's gonna be moderated off Wikipedia, but, let's keep it for posterity.....

As Paul refers,

<wikipedia>"The cause of death was a ninja assasination in the middle of the night. Carradine was unable to fend off the attack because his buddy Chuck Norris was passed out drunk."

Paul has now been added to my Keyboard Debt club

46. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lived to a good age...

... and went out with a hang^H^H^H^Hbang...

47. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

you're my favourite person, but sometimes...

Two things I can't believe:

1) That some bozo is asking where the IT angle is in an entertainment article. There's always going to be one, isn't there? It's one of life's constants.

2) That no one has mentioned the unfortunate title of the film he was shooting in Bangkok.

Ahem.

48. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

He's just feigning death

Watch this, he'll spring out of the coffin, do a 360 degree spin kick and then start laughing at the guests who thought he wanked himself to death.

49. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

In the closet...?

I understand that self-asphyxiation is supposed to heighten the auto-erotic experience - never tried it myself and doubt if I ever will. But what was the point of getting inside a wardrobe to commit this act? The mind boggles...

Paris, 'cos you can lead a horse to water, but that girl knows the way to Bangkok.

50. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

He just had to be

Hung while filming 'Stretch'.... Irony Sucks

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.