back to article Intel preps ultra-thin notebook chips

Intel will soon release two new ultra-low voltage (ULV) processors designed for ultra-thin notebooks. According to DigiTimes, the company will unveil the 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo SU9600 and the 1.4GHz Core 2 Solo SU3500 next month. Prices will be $289 (£202) and $262 (£183), respectively, in 1000-unit quantities, the Taiwanese pub …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Corbett

Will ANYONE consider the health issues

With this increasing policy of miniturisation, have any manufacturers considered the amount of work it's creating for Health professionals like myself? A recent case of a student buying a Netbook to do University dissitations on has resulted in such overwhelming repetative strain injury that she cannot type at all.

Maybe at some point in the future, the the great public will turn on these technology manufacturers and get them to accept the concept of "ergonomic"

2. david bates
    Thumb Down

@James Corbett

If the woman in question was too dim to factor in whether or not she could comfortably use the netwbook, and equally was dim enough to try and type a whole dissertation on a netbook one does wonder if she should be at university at all...

Harsh, but if she's so swayed by shiny things that are not fit for (her) purpose then what other conclusion can one draw?

3. Steven Raith

Dissertation on a netbook?

Never mind RSI, she should be checked for lack of mental activity.

I have a netbook for posting abusive messages on bulletin boards while on the bog, or similar, but I also have a proper laptop for actually *working* on for more than twenty minutes at a time.

Because I'm not a bloody idiot.

Hope that helps,

Steven R

4. Peter Mc Aulay
    Thumb Down

Re: Will ANYONE consider the health issues

The simple addition of a USB keyboard would have fixed that. Sounds to me she was just trying to be cheap, and then -surprise- when the tool turns out to be not the right one for the job, the tool is to blame? Yeah, right :p

5. Nicholas Ettel
    Paris Hilton

You can't be too rich or too ultra-thin

Something PH knows all too much about, surely.

6. BioTube

Ergonomics

Is crap. Every "ergonomic" product I've ever used manages to be even _harder_ on the body part in question(hands, back, etc) then the sane product. Whoever created ergonomics probably got a ritzy position in Hell's upper management.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like