back to article Blind phone phreaker coughs to harassment charges

A legally blind phone phreaker has admitted prank phonecall and hacking charges. Matthew Weigman, 18, of Massachusetts, pleaded guilty to two felony charges last week at a Dallas hearing. Judge Paul D Stickney was told Weigman (aka Li'l Hacker) was a notorious figure in the telephone "party line" hacking scene prior to his …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DZ-Jay

Phone phreaker?

Isn't it "phone phreak"? The name of the act came from the name kids called themselves, so "phreaking" is what a "phreak" does.

I'm just saying...

-dZ.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

This is no prank.

It's flat out criminal activity and not a prank at all. Give him all the 13 years and fine him for the full expenses of every emergency run made and then put him in the stocks for a flogging. It isn't funny and it isn't a prank.

luzer.

3. jeremy
    Pirate

Coincidence? I think not.

Wasn't Captain Crunch (the p|r@t3, not the Pirate) blind too?

4. Moss Icely Spaceport
    Boffin

Equal Opportunity Jail Time

If this dude gets jail time it won't be phone-phreaking he'll be worrried about. He'll have an appointment with some phreaks of another kind.

5. Neoc

No sympathy

While I have, in my time, done some hacking, you were doing for the Kudos. These days, it seems the majority of hackers and phreakers are anti-social little gits who think the world owes them a living.

This is not hacking, this is criminal behaviour.

6. Henry Wertz Gold badge

What a piece...

I have no problem with the phone phreaking. That's some mere youthful indescretion. BUT...

Weigman sounds like a real piece of work though. SWATing? evil. Screwing with some person because they wouldn't have phone sex with you? WTF. Getting pissed and battling William Smith because he "DARED" to close your account for paying for it fraudulently? Get a life.

Kudos to William Smith for taking this piece of crap in.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like