back to article T3 girds loins for IBM legal fight

Clone mainframe maker T3 Technologies - one of the last few non-IBM alternatives for running Big Blue's mainframe software - says that it doesn't anticipate settling its IBM lawsuits in Europe and in the United States. In other words, it won't pull a Platform Solutions. Platform settled its IBM litigation after being acquired …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jeff
    Thumb Down

So this is the new MS?

Micosoft's investment arm seems to focus on just one type of company... those who want to sue IBM. Don't have to have a great technology or even a business model or even a future, as long as you plan to tie up IBM in court, here's a check for millions.

It's painfully clear that sanctions against Microsoft for abuse of it's monopoly desktop position have produced zero effect.

2. Gerry

Don't bother with SCO

I have no idea about the mainframe issues but it is beyond sloppy journalism to inflate the story with phrases such as "[...] legal fight with IBM, much as [...] SCO is still attempting to do [...] concerning intellectual property and licensing issues relating to IBM's AIX operating system"

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Jeff

Exactly, why would IBM be the least bit worried? MS has ignored governments and courts for years, so I would expect IBM to do the same.

"IBM does not want to have to sign another consent decree like it did in 1956 and 1969 to get the government off its back." the 50s and 60s are a long time ago.

4. xjy
    Paris Hilton

M$ hidden strategy?

Not the monopoly tricks etc, but the secret switch over from computing and IT to becoming the second-biggest legal (lawyers') monopoly in the US/world after International Business Manipulation, who legal arm has kept them live way beyond all reasonable expectation.

(Paris cos she's keeping lithe beyond all reasonable expectation.)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

PSI != FLEX-ES

FLEX-ES is owned by Fundamental Software, not PSI.

Mine's the one with the punched card chards in the pocket.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Not the magazine then...

How can an article with the words "T3" and "loins" *not* be about the magazine?

Mine's the one with the copy of T3 in a brown paper bag stuffed in the pocket....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like