back to article Giant US air travel data suck fails own privacy tests

A US Department of Homeland Security privacy report published earlier this month reveals that the DHS remains in violation of both US law and the DHS-EU agreement on the handling of Passenger Name Record (PNR) data. The report itself claims that the DHS is in compliance on both counts, but according to the Identity Project, it " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. alain williams Silver badge

One reason that I don't go to the USA

But our gov't in Blighty (in the name of Jacqui Smith) seems to be determined to ''better'' the USA.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

heh

If I were a terrorist I'd fly to Mexico pick up some fakes then drive to America and explode. Problem solved. Same as if I were a terrorist heading to the UK, I'd fly to Europe pick up some fakes in Poland then drive into England where I'd explode.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Two questions to be asked...

There are two questions to be asked at future job interviews:

1: Have you, yourself, travelled to, or from, any destination within the past five years that has required you to submit data to the United States DHS?

2: Have you had close contact with anyone that has submitted data to the DHS?

if the answers to both of the above is not "NO", you cannot be hired, due to security problems.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

DHS?

I thought they sold sofas?? :-S

5. Eddy Ito

What else?

Did anyone actually think the Department of Homeboy Security actually gives a gnat's arse about what's legal? ROFLMAO

6. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Re: Two questions to be asked...

"if the answers to *either* of the above is *"YES"*, you cannot be hired, due to security problems."

There, fixed that for all the people out there that don't want their brains to hurt.

7. raving angry loony

@Two Questions (AC)

1) you don't know, because you don't submit data to the DHS, the DHS simply gets access to supposedly private information without your knowledge or consent. They're even doing that for people who simply fly over their airspace, without stopping in the USA.

2) see (1).

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Never mind your private information

The DHS will be getting access to your privates. NOW you have something to worry about.

9. Moss Icely Spaceport
    Paris Hilton

Paris

can have access to my privates any day!

This topic is closed for new posts.