back to article EA misled gamers with Wii Woods ad, says watchdog

Electronic Arts has been slapped on the wrists by the Advertising Standards Agency, following complaints that adverts for Tiger Woods PGA Tour '09 on the Wii used footage from the Xbox 360 version of the game. The advert showed Woods swinging a Wii Remote, the subsequent in-game footage used was actually taken from the Xbox …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SnakeskinCowboy
    Gates Horns

Who cares..

Anyone that buys a Wii is clearly a clueless idiot anyway, lead into buying any old crap by slick marketing. I mean they weren't interesting in the Wii when it was called Gamecube and was in a different coloured box. Make it white, tell everyone it's so popular that you won't be able to find one anywhere, and bobs yer uncle...

i-Sheep or x-Zombies are the common terms for these people, i believe..

2. Richard

Quality

The published also claimed that the game’s Wii edition footage couldn't be used because it “would not be of broadcast quality”.

So it looks like shit even for just TV adverts? Well done there, couldn't even manage TV quality.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

The Wii was never about graphics quality...

... it was always about game play. You can't compare the Wii with the Gamecube, X-Box or any other gaming system at the moment as none of the others have the same interactive content.

Sure, the graphics on the Wii are five to ten years out of date but no other console can get four people actively playing at the same time. Indeed most consoles/console games are one-on-one, you versus the machine. Sure you can connect to the Internet and play online, but you are still sitting on a chair in your bedroom, staring at a screen, getting calluses on your thumbs and your bum.

The Wii does at least offer you the chance of some active movement. No, it's not callisthenics but it could get you to shift your body around and get more physical exercise than you get with a PS3.

As for the advert... EA Games were wrong, no doubt about it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like