back to article Gamer recovers Xbox 360 using controller

Xbox 360 theft is a terrible thing for gaming addicts. So, imagine one gamer’s jubilation after he managed to track down his stolen console using only its wireless controller. After the robbery, victim Ryan Ketsenburg, a student from Missouri State University in North America, turned on his former Xbox 360’s controller – why …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

It would been even easier to trace...

...if it had been a wired controller....

2. Dave Cumming
    Thumb Down

Me thinks someone is stretching the truth...

Firstly why would someone steal it and then happily leave it sitting in a seemingly unlocked apartment nearby?? (since the implication is that he wandered into said apartment unhindered).

Also why on earth would they wipe it, and more to the point how without the aid of a controller? I'm not aware of a "wipe hard drive" button on the 360.

Fantasy land stuff.

3. SnakeskinCowboy

re: Me thinks someone is stretching the truth...

Isn't this just more of Microsofts press manipulation, getting sites to mention Xbox360 in the runup to Xmas...

4. Vincent

Re: Me thinks someone is stretching the truth...

You can format the Xbox 360s Hard Drive, which, in turn, will wipe any data that's on there:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906502

I agree with you though, it seems hard to imagine that he just strolled in to an empty apartment that was unlocked with a 360 just sitting there.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019