back to article Pope watched over by flying robots during Lourdes visit

All good Catholics are well aware that the Pope walks this sinful Earth safe in the knowledge that he has robust heavenly backup. More literal-minded believers might contend that such support, in the event of any worldly dispute turning ugly, could easily include unsleeping winged guardians that do not age or die as mortals do …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. alain williams Silver badge

new toy

Oh, bless - the little boys in the French police just wanted an excuse to play with their new toy.

2. Graham Marsden
    Coat

Just a thought...

... Can these things launch Hellfire missiles...?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Excellent Sub Title

Good article, but the sub title really makes it! Well done!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Go in peace

So what about his predecessor? How many times did God call him and he refused or was prevented from answering said call. Does he now burn in Hell for his defiance?

Think about this: maybe that's why there no cure for cancer, nor will there ever be, cancer is God calling YOU. Radio, Chemo and all other therapies delay the answer and just makes the Big Guy angry. This'll be why there's so many dieing in hurricanes, earthquakes, floods.

"Come when I call or I'll drag you kicking and screaming straight to hell"

So I wonder, when God calls time on Pope Benedict XVI, will he answer or delay?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who would total the Pope?

Not the Jews - they have persuasive dialogs with the Holy See. Not the Moslems - they've never really felt strongly enough about the Papacy. Perhaps they fear the nutcase who would hasten the End Times. But more likely it is Vatican Bank business, that ties in with the current "credit crisis". (For which, read "mexican standoff between the false-money crooks, who now need to collect, but can no longer tell the good money apart from the bad" - a story too complicated for Dan Brown).

6. Hollerith

update on the Popemobile

Having wings and eyes in the sky is just a fresh take on the rolling citadel of bullet-proof plastic inside which Pope John Paul II confirmed his obedience to the will of God, who giveth or taketh life.

7. IR

Proof of faith

Wow, that really proves his faith in God.

8. Richard Cartledge
    Pirate

They Live!

Reminds me of the 1988 film, "They Live".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Live

9. Stewart Haywood
    Flame

I have always wondered why....

the Pope needs security. There are many cases throughout history such as Daniel being thrown in the lion's den, his friends being chucked in the fiery furnace and so on. In all these cases, because they were good servants of God, God protected them. So what is the problem, does the Pope not believe that God can save him, or that he is not good enough to be saved? Either way, it is obviously good for science that the Pope places more faith in bullet proof plastic, robot planes and hellfire missiles than he does in God.

The icon reminds me of my final destination.

10. Chris G

Gott in Himmel!

There is something about this Pope that makes me think of an SS Oberst disguised in a dress.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Chris G

The robes hide the highly polished black jack boots well don't they?

12. D@v3
    Alien

re Richard Cartledge (they live)

must be having an off day, i dont really see how aliens invading and using subliminal messages to control the population, could be brought to mind when reading an article about the pope having UAV 'angels' protecting him on a popely visit.

Not trying to start and argument, just dont see the connection

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like