back to article Crunch starts to bite on IT spending

The credit crunch is starting to hit IT spending, with 43 per cent of large companies across the world reducing IT budgets this year. Research from Forrester showed 43 per cent of large firms in the US and Europe were reducing spending on computer hardware and services. But the firm said it was not changing its overall view of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete Silver badge

I wanna work for the other 30%

> The survey of 950 IT managers at large firms found 70 per cent were looking to negotiate lower rates with service providers.

Presumably the "other" 30% will now be targeted relentlessly by the "research" firms as they obviously have too much money. I find it hard to believe that senior managers (those who still have the power to make purchasing decisions) would fall for such a brazen attempt to phish for budget information.

Next up, we'll have the dodgy-geezer "security" consultants: "'Allo guv. We're doin' a survey of local businesses. Wot kinda burgular [sic] alarm have you got? 'Ow abaht internal security - innit. 'Ave yer got any card-entry systems? 'Coz we can send ovah a security guard if yer like - 'E's really good - gotta dog too."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

News?

"The survey of 950 IT managers at large firms found 70 per cent were looking to negotiate lower rates with service providers."

IT companies in "negotiating discounts" shocker.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

News?

Nah what you means to say was

"Research company produces yet another statement of the bleedin obvious"..

I wonder where this comes in on the J-curve or hockey stick

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Not all bad

My lot just canned the pilot downgrade from XP to Vista. All the projects trying to avoid being killed off had to justify their survival, and the Vista project couldn't come up with anything better than "it's prettier".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like