back to article eBay sues business partners over alleged cookie stuffing

Internet auction site eBay is suing some of its business partners for 'cookie stuffing', a kind of advertising fraud. It claims partner sites are pretending that users have clicked on eBay ads when they have not. eBay pays other site owners to advertise its services. The site owners, or affiliates, are only paid, though, when …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. adnim

ebay ripped off

Live by the sword...

Whats sauce for the goose....

Difference being Ebay do the ripping legally.

Cookie stuffing :-)

Me want cookie, Cookies! Me eat cookie, om nom nom nom.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

EBay stuffing their partners

Can't handle some partners make money - then just claim they are fraudsters and demand the money back. What a crock of sh1te - but then eBay and CJ are just that anyway.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

with a glass of milk please

"The activity of users is tracked by cookies, small text files stored within web browsers by the sites that are visited."

really? you dont say!

4. Keith Doyle
    Thumb Down

So eBay *IS* capable of detecting frauds...

Too bad they don't apply such diligence to fraudulent auctions...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

They have no objection

to thousands of scammers on eBay, now they get a taste of their own medicine. Well done to DPS and KFC.

6. Phil
    Thumb Up

ebay get stuffed !!!!!!!!

About time ebay got the tables turned on them, well done DPS & KFC have a drink on me.

7. Stephen

Ironic

Ironic since shawn banned people talking about cookie stuffing on the digital point forums yet the toss pot was dropping cookies on visitors all over the place.

8. Martin
    Happy

Hooray for the Colonel !

So KFC do cookies now?

COOL !!

9. Gulfie
    Thumb Up

Medicine, taste, own...

Rearrange the words... yes I know this isn't quite the same but it is nice to see somebody trying to rip eBay off for once, as they have spent the last year rewriting terms and conditions, and charging structures, to rip off its own users...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like