back to article Fringe plan box office balls-up post-mortem next month

Edinburgh Fringe organisers will wait until after the last acts have packed up and gone home before picking over the bones of its box office system fiasco. As we reported yesterday, the group plans to conduct an independent inquiry into the chaotic technical problems the organisation suffered following the botched …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
n
Dead Vulture

mystery company....

Looks like there website is offline as well??:

www.pivotalintegration.com

lets do some digging....

small company started by the 2 directors who were consultants, exempt from lodging accounts on companies house(exempt-small), lots of government grant funding over the last 4 years, £200k, £100k, £25k, £27k, +more maybe???

anyone else find anything.....

Wonder if there was a real tendering process?

Boffin

Fringe Benefits

For fringe Bennies.

Anonymous Coward

Mystery company part deux

Well their office is hidden up a back street in Glasgow City Centre. Knowing the area quite well I would say they are most likely out at the local Costa Coffee

A quick google turns up these guys have ben picking up local contracts with the city council and some other public sector work - I suspect they may have bitten off a bit ore than they could chew this time.

Anon cos this is a small city....

PIL!

Pivotal Integration Ltd (PIL) .. Maybe they're taken another PIL after the cock up!

Anonymous Coward

Up A Gumtree

http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/21/25348521.html

Resourcing your projects on the 2nd hand market.

Could this be part of the problem?

re: Mystery company part deux

"Knowing the area quite well..."

St Vincent Place is hardly hidden up a back street, and the closest coffee shop is Starbucks.

Not anon, because Glasgow is apparently bigger than you think ;)

I have been through this. I know what will happen.

Here's what will happen:

1. Public announcement of an inquiry

2. The Committee convenes and discusses matters. There is some initial acrimony and finger pointing. At this point, The Committee agrees that the public should be excluded (for its own good).

3. The Committee agrees that they could not have been responsible. The cause of all the trouble was the vendor. The vendor gets duly castigated in public.

4. New members join The Committee. Everyone agrees that things are going to be different.

5. The New Committee pats themselves on the back and starts looking for a new vendor.

I work for a software company that creates software for internet ticketing. In our 20 years of business, we have seen the same pattern many times. The people who make the decisions are usually composed of administrators, accountants, a lawyer, and someone who claims to be computer literate. Conspicuous by their absence, is anyone who has experience on the front lines.

Here's what happens next:

1. The New Committee figures its budget, creates a list of requirements, and invites bids.

2. Vendors do their presentations (the dog and pony show).

3. The winning bid goes to the vendor that meets the following requirements:

- a) The highest affordable price

- b) Most attractive salespeople

- c) Most buzzword compliant

4. The New Committee pats themselves on the back and disbands

5. People on the front lines wonder how they are supposed to work with such lousy tools.

And the cycle starts again.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018