back to article Samsung Adidas F110 miCoach personal trainer phone

Many of us spend a fortune on gym membership only to join the gang of guilty no-shows after just a few weeks. So is a mobile phone capable of putting you on the fast track to personal fitness? Samsung and Adidas think so. They’ve teamed up to produce the miCoach mobile phone and integrated personal coaching system. It’s a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ash
    Joke

What?

No scripted-motion bespectacled black dude in flourescent yellow lycra cycle shorts and wife-beater?

I DON'T WANT ONE WITHOUT MY HOMOEROTICISM!

2. Joe K

A nice idea...

..sadly, without GPS this thing appears next to useless once you've used a Garmin Forerunner. You can get a 305 for a little over a ton nowadays.

Nothing like seeing your routes in Google Earth, along with speed and HR data overlaid in a on-map 3d graph detailing HR , speed and elevation at whatever point.

Once you've used that, this phone appears little more than a nice HR watch.

3. Johan Bastiaansen

Running

There is no other training than running. If you want to get fit, you start to run. And when you run, you'll get fit. Or injured.

4. E

@Joe K

I have been skeptical of such products. However your description of mapping a route with HR data has changed my mind. I don't know that I'd drop a ton for it but it is an excellent idea.

5. Scott Mckenzie

Looks Smart

As an all in one device that looks impressive, the heart rate monitor etc is very good.... i wonder what it does if you get a call whilst running though :D

I agree it's not going to be up there with the Garmin products (though i think the 305 must add 30lbs to your wrist, it's a brick!!!), but by the looks of it it moves the game on a little from the Nike+ system.... it won't be quite as accurate without GPS (neither is the Nike+) but it's all one place.

Shame neither of them have bloody Mac software though. Grrrrrrrr

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like