back to article Cash, blow-up dolls and mime artist star at spyware knees-up

It's common knowledge that malware has become the purview of cybercriminals rather than mere mischief-makers. But unlike the frolics of dotcom yuppies, the excesses of Eastern European cybercrooks have rarely been chronicled. So, we're indebted to the upstanding affiliates of Klik Revenue, a Russian-based outfit that allegedly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TrishaD

Follow the Money

If the Russian authorities cant nail them for the actual criminal activity, surely they follow the obvious wads of cash floating around?

Income Tax Evasion. The FBI managed it with Al Capone......

The icon represents the Russian Eagle, because if they cant crack the enormous amount of organised crime that's flourished post-USSR, I dont see much of a future for the Russian state.....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Very clever

They've just proved their business is supplying them with enough cash for it to to be worth taking it off them. Usually it's sensible to keep quiet while you rake in the cash.

Then again Russians are never particularly subtle when it comes to showing their wealth.

I'm sure some unfriendly sorts will be around to crash their party soon, and liberate them of their surplus funds. I doubt a gang of spyware writers have the kind of contacts necessary to deflect the wrong sort of interest, even if they have managed to bribe the authorities.

Or if they're lucky it'll just be the paramilitary tax police coming around to say hello and ask for a donation.

3. night troll
    Pirate

Is this....

....the parent company of phorm?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like