back to article Don't like your phone's look? Then build your own

If you don’t like your phone any longer, don’t just buy another one – build yourself a handset of your own. No, we’re not crazy - we’re talking about DIY phone assembly. easy_tiles Designer Tzu-Fu Wang's Easy Tiles phone: don't give it to kids Designer Tzu-Fu Wang has created a concept handset that’s based on the idea of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Hmmm

I get the feeling that you'd end up going to make a call and find what resembles a load of smashed Lego in your pocket, at least unless he finds a way of making the pieces lock together.

2. Leona
    Heart

its colourful.

Well I like the idea, brings a bit of style to the normal boring "Grey" mobile market, be able to make the phone individual and personal to you, I will be interested to see if the idea makes it to market, but sadly I guess it will not as the boring "grey" brigade will kill it off.

3. Jared Earle
    Dead Vulture

Crazy!

"No, we’re not crazy - we’re talking about DIY phone assembly." vs "No plans to develop the Tile Phone past a concept have been slotted together yet."

Yeah, you're talking pie-in-the-sky. Suggesting it as a viable option today is quite crazy.

4. Allan Rutland
    Joke

You know...

It brings a whole new meaning to bricking your phone. Maybe it's something Apple should try.

5. pctechxp

Don't give up the day job

Tile phone....slotted together yet.

tut tut tut

Don't consider a career in comedy with a joke like that.

As for the concept it might appeal to a Rubik's cube fan or hippies but not to most phone user I don't think.

6. Oren T
    Go

Much more about modu

Hi Everyone

My name is Oren, I manage the official modu site: I invite you all to come take a read to learn and see much more about modu and it's ecosystem.

Visit: http://blog.modumobile.com

Cheers!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like