back to article Mio DigiWalker C620T

Every office has a luddite, even an organisation so devoted to the new and the technological as Register Hardware. There's always at least one person who clings to his or her fear and loathing of some aspect of the modern world. For instance, whenever a new satnav system would arrive here, our very own exemplar of the breed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Great idea

Having to travel in Brum, with the A38 flyovers and tunnels, this could be a god send. The wife will love it!

2. Fluffykins Silver badge

Tele-Atlas maps?

Don't expect to use it for a holiday in the Channel Islands or on the Isle of Man.

3. Greg

Mobile version?

I'm shopping for some GPS software for my Athena. Was thinking TomTom, but if I can get a mobile version of this...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

look kids, Big Ben ...

Is it a coincidence that all the British POIs are those mentioned in Griswold's National Lampoons European Vacation (starring Chevy Chase, Beverly d'Angelo etc)? Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Stonehenge ...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Must-have

The only must-have feature I've seen in a GPS is the ability to create and download custom voice command patterns.

"Mr. T pity the foo' who don't turn left in 300 yards!"

"Hmm, in 300 yards, left turn you must make!"

A friend's GPS has this and it's fantastic. The only problem is that you find yourself busting a gut every time you're about to make a turn, because somehow Mr. T or Yoda bellowing / graveling the directions is always a surprise.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like