back to article Play.com blames supplier for graphics card mishap

Online retailer Play.com has admitted that some of its customers received the wrong graphics cards before Christmas. The Jersey-based firm said it had sold the graphics cards to a number of people because its supplier, Zotac, had passed on inaccurate information which was then used on Play's website. Reg reader Alexander …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

get a bloody grip people

Bloody hell, the bloke gets sent an incorrect card, and its the manufacturer/suppliers fault and he declares war on play.com, demands this, threatens that...

...what a waster. its a bloody gfx card! anybody would think you accidently chopped off a limb when you realised! sometimes mistakes do happen! you're not entitled to millions in compensation, nobody died, no animals were harmed to bring you that card. chill out, take the free £20 and get a refund for the card....

too many arseholes with nothiong to bitch about anymore. go live in a 3rd world mud pit for a while, then moan the memory is wrong.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

is this really news?

was yesterday a complete non-day?

did absolutley nothing happen?

do we really want to know that someone got sent the wrong part through the post? 'cus that never happens does it.

3. phil harris

sometimes mistakes do happen ... indeed

And I wont ever be shopping with play.com because I only found out they existed when they billed my credit card account ... twice ... without me even knowing who they were.

It seems to me that they are a company that doesnt bother with details ... like verifying credit card numbers before they use them ... and now it seems that they dont check what a customer ordered is what they are shipping.

But, as you allude to, its only a shop, what more do you expect ?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I received a wrong item

It's always sad when something goes wrong with an order, but Play.com turned out to be one of the best at putting it right! They sent me the wrong CD title, which was a present for a grandchild at Xmas, they bent over backwards to get it sorted before Xmas and also refunded more money than was needed for postage.

I have dealt with them for many years now, and feel people expect to much these days! I think the complainant need to get with it!

Alan

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Hide behind "Jersey Law"

I ordered a phone from Play.com about 4 months ago. After two weeks waiting I was told that it had been dispatched, and I would have to wait three more weeks before they would investigate. I said I felt this was unreasonable under the Sale of Goods act and Trading Standard's guidelines. I was told that as they were located in Jersey they did not have to abide by these, and was cut off. The phone did arrive, two weeks later...

6. Drew Wilson
    Thumb Up

Nothing But Praise

I cannot fault play.com. I've been a regular customer for several years and have ordered close on 1000 DVDs and I can honestly say that only once have they sent me the wrong title which was rectified within three days of reporting the error. They even sent the new title before receiving the one I had.

More recently, I have bought electronic items and infact, ordered a new HD-DVD player on December 27th and it arrived on my door at 9am the very next day.

Yes, everyone cocks up but I have nothing but praise for them.

This topic is closed for new posts.