back to article Intel launches modular server platform for SMBs

Intel is punting a new modular server kit that's based on standardized parts for system builders and OEMs who cater to small and mid-sized businesses. The platform, dubbed Intel Modular Server, uses blade server specifications announced by the Server Systems Infrastructure (SSI) organization last July. The gist is, when …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. E

Way!

Bet it'll run vi at least 100x faster than emacs!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I don't see...

...what this has to do with Super Mario Brothers...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

dude small business

doesn't need this unless that business is a small hosting company then it's too small. Jebus, the giants are really into not knowing what the little guy needs aren't they, rub it in, you don't even need a real server, much less this entry level trash with it's four quadcore boards and it's built in control board, 14 terabyte drives, and room to add more, I have more than this at home, losers. I know I may be overstating this but is this a small business purchase really.

4. Andy Bell

I agree

I deal with a few small organisations with less than 50 members. They typically don't even want to pay a full time IT person, never mind want to buy a blade server. Some don't have racks, much less care about server density.

Unless this is the less than 1,000 employees small business beloved of totally out of touch corporate types.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like