back to article Presenting the inaugural Vulture Central Hall of Lame™

It was the Greek dramatist Sophocles who once wrote: "A short saying often contains much wisdom." And Marlene Dietrich said: "I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognised wiser than oneself." Hmmm. What guff. Here at Vulture Central we …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nathanael Bastone
    Alert

Paris Hilton

Oh dear God no! Now even death can't stop her. I expect she will be revived to lead the final epic battle in rise of the machines.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I see

I see what you did there.

However a nice boat would do too.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Wow

It's comments like this that make me giddy in anticipation for more. Viva the powerful morons!

Conversely, some of these people could be very influential in writing laws, and in the US, some could even be carrying firearms.

Hysterically funny, yet sobering at the same time...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

:D

quality

5. Aram
    Paris Hilton

I, for one, ....

... welcome our new(matic?) Paris/Terminator overlords.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Eh?

"I would like to say that accessibility for Linux users is EXACTLY the same issue as accessibility for those with disabilities."

Why? A person in a wheelchair can use a laptop surely?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nu media creative

"MPs preferred the description: 'A cure for which there is no known disease.' "

For once I agree with the MPs.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Wiki related quote

"I like to consider Wikipedia my non-kid touching, molestation free drunk uncle of information."

No - it's the pigs out of 'Animal Farm'.

9. Alan Esworthy
    Happy

Why wait?

Oh, my! How heavenly it would be if Ms. Hilton were to insist that she be cryogenic preserved immediately.

10. Rick
    Paris Hilton

Paris save us please!!!

"The planet is in distress and all of the attention is on Paris Hilton. We have to ask ourselves what is going on here?"

A Classic gem from Al "The world is going to end in 10 years" Gore.

11. Rick
    Coat

shall we get cozy

"I have a wide stance."

Larry "Tap twice" Craig....

12. Bernie Cavanagh
    Go

Scary

It's true, the morons have taken over. I'm amazed that these people can remember to breath.

13. Ted Treen
    Coat

A Christmas wish

Paris Hilton?

In a cryogenic tank?

Cool !

I'm getting a coat for Christmas.

Door & taxi for tomorrow, please

14. Fred
    Stop

Gawd....

AMFM got a good mention! I'd be well chuffed!

Hang on... id have to think of something really amazing to say 1st...

Jeez... its been a long year!

15. John
    Coat

perhaps Paris Hilton could be in the sequel to...

Death Becomes Her.

16. Alistair
    Paris Hilton

Paris -- frozen --

Paris Hilton - immortalized in cryogenic liquid -- what a wonderful thought.

For those that need it - Play WOW, head to shattrath, lower city, bar, beat on Haris Pilton for fun.

Yeah -- they get away with it -- and she does so have the dog.

Its fun - -try it.

As for the rest, has anyone asked if the darwin award nomination count has increased lately?

17. Alastair

What about Miss North Carolina?

Everywhere like such as the Iraq

18. Ralphe Neill
    Gates Horns

IT's Flying Pigs

"My site is no different to something like Google." and the "flying pig" brought back some happy memories of the launch of Windows 95.

A huge advertisement was mounted in Melbourne, Australia, behind a city-sponsored sculpture of a flying pig. Brilliant juxtaposition and a classic example of unintentional "truth in advertising." Pix available ...

19. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

OiNK

Great to see Allan's quote in here! Justice for the Middlesbrough one!

20. Tom Simnett
    Alien

A quick scour of Google suggests...

...that amanfromMars is in fact possibly the most prolific commenter in all of t'InterWeb Space! That's some going!

21. skeptical i

Iran's lack of fabulosity explained

"We don't have homosexuals in my country like you do here," claims Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. And I always thought de Nile ran through Egypt, not Iran.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

@Michael's Eh?

Exactly. Surely he didn't mean to imply that using Linux is a disability in and of itself...?

/hat/coat/door

23. Big Al
    Heart

I personally believe...

In response to the question "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?", Caitlin Upton, Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, famously replied:

"

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our [children].

"

Timeless. Brings a tear to my eye every time I read it...

24. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Haven't laughed as much in ages ...

Not at the words, but at the little montage of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf and the Wikipedia logo. Whoever came up with that little gem deserves a medal :-)

25. Peter Fielden-Weston
    Unhappy

@Big Al

I read that quote twice.

Now my brains gone on strike.

26. Daniel Snowden
    Coat

Paris Hilton Frozen

Not dead, not alive. The new Cthulhu!

I'll go get my coat now

27. Ishkandar
    Paris Hilton

Re. frozen PH -

According to Larry Niven, the cryogenically frozen "persons" were to be known as "Corpsicles" !! If that is the case, will someone shove a large stick into said subject ??

28. Law
    Paris Hilton

I know she's in there, but

where is the paris angle?? One should be added to every quote, or else this is just sloppy writing!

29. Jason Harvey
    Coat

@Ishkandar

would that be a "pop-tart-sicle"?

/coat

This topic is closed for new posts.