back to article Stripogram copper walks on offensive weapon rap

The 24-year-old stripogram charged with possessing offensive weapons after Aberdeen's finest spotted him en route to a gig carrying two batons and a spray canister has been cleared on all charges, the Telegraph reports. Aberdeen uni genetics student Stuart Kennedy was clocked wearing a fake police uniform by two officers on 17 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

well of course

If there had been no trial how would the coppers have explained spending the evening in a nice warm bar full of Girls who wanted to see a policeman's truncheon.

2. Spleen

Hooray, everyone looks stupid

The stripper should quite clearly have worn a coat over his uniform if he was going to be out in public and there was a reasonable possibility he might be mistaken for a real cop.

The real cops should have told him the above and let him go on his way.

Who comes out worst? Well, I would venture to suggest the ones who wasted thousands of pounds of the taxpayers money bringing a pointless prosecution. The cops responsible should be sacked and the stripper hired in their place.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Did the Cops meet their arrest targets that month

Sort of stupid situations that can occur because management set stupid targets

4. Thomas Jerome
    Coat

*gets coat*

"They followed me into the bar, watched the show, then asked me to go back to the station. It was all quite friendly."

<insert bent copper joke here>

5. Nano nano

Usually spelt ...

... "strippogram".

I believe a "stripogram" could be something to do with zebras.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

really?

I'd go for "Stripper-gram" on account of it involving a stripper...

No IT angle? Not even a tenuous PH one? Shame!

7. Norman

Things you don't hear about in the paper

The reason there was such a fuss is because he wasn't wearing a 'Fake' uniform - He was wearing an actual Grampian Police uniform. It's still not know where he got it from.

8. vic denwood
    Stop

Real Uniform?

If he was spotted whilst in real uniform, then it was because he was on foot! Real Policemen only travel in cars.

9. Hans
    Coat

Hazzard County?

Quote: - " However, Sheriff Kenneth Stewart ruled he had no case to answer."

Ya just gotta lurvvv the Scottish Legal System for retaining the Sheriff.

Now, if only his name had been Rosco P. Coltrane . . .

10. Graham Bartlett
    Alert

Real uniform?!

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7126899.stm

Tell me how real that uniform in the top picture looks. If the cops round your way really have "STRIPPER" printed across the backs of their jackets, I think you may just have strayed into some Village People fantasy sequence by accident...

11. Matthew Joyce

No charge...

The second case may have been successfully dismissed, but the first has simply gone unanswered ... which means in the police files he's probably still listed as an unprosecuted criminal. Which enables them to keep any and all data, of course.

12. Hans

Got off too lightly

Well I think that he should have been fined at least $222,000, because who knows how many other times he might have posed as a stripper, potentially millions.

What we need is consistency in the application of the law, then we can rest assured that justice really is being done.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/05/jammie_thomas_fine_ok/

13. Randolf McKinley

Coppers weren't that bent

At least one of the coppers was a woman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7113574.stm

"Pc [Fiona] Duncan added: "We went into the bar to make sure we could keep an eye on him."

"Later that night, Pc Duncan took Mr Kennedy to Grampian Police headquarters for questioning.

It doesn't say what sex here colleague was, or how closely she kept an eye on him. I wonder if it was on his truncheon?

14. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

IT angle - that title

>> Stripogram copper walks on offensive weapon rap

Is heavily overloaded. It would fubar a FSM.

15. Anonymous John
    Coat

I'll get my coat

Police uniform

Batons

Spray canister

16. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Not the 1st time

I'm sure this is now the 3rd time this guy has been charged with impersonating a police officer. You'd think Grampian police would have let it slide after nothing was done previously... Mind you hes been getting great free advertising in the national scottish papers each time.

17. Alt0n
    Boffin

Usually spelled...

"strippogram" is relatively unusual, if the Google hits are anything to go by:

1,190 for strippagram

2,560 for strippogram

4,930 for stripagram

22,300 for stripogram

So "stripogram" wins.

18. Sam
    Coat

Just enquiring

Do the WPC strippergrams batons have batteries in?

The black kevlar, thanks...

19. Phil

@Usually spelled...

106,000 English pages (30 pp) for strip-o-gram

This topic is closed for new posts.