Another perspective with some more detail
I wanted to add some more details to what Andy said.
EnterpriseDB now has almost 200 customers in less than 2 years of sales! Some of the names we have talked about. Sony Online Entertainment, Sun, Vonage and FTD are the most notable. Others are less known but just as significant such as: Tomax, FortiusOne, Ticketline, Agri Stats, Atomogy, Proxicom, and xPrima.
And there are some we have yet to announce including:
1. One of the Top airlines in the US has built their entire loyalty program on EnterpriseDB Advanced Server
2. A $20 billion dollar public sector solution provider contracted EnterpriseDB for a multitude of large projects
3. A leading provider of IPTV that boasts over 32,000 subscribers and 300 channels
4. EnterpriseDB replaced Oracle as the database for a leading provider of Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) software
5. The world's leading provider of mammography software for the most of the world's mammography machines, swapped out SQL Server for EnterpriseDB.
6. Leading GPS monitoring company replaced MySQL with Postgres and EnterpriseDB and now processes 200,000 transactions/day and volumes of reads
7. The world's number one online broker uses EnterpriseDB to support their Postgres implementation
8. A publicly-traded, billion dollar insurance and financial services company uses EnterpriseDB for their Postgres support
9. The world's leading high performance networking provider uses EnterpriseDB Advanced Server
10. A social networking provider with over 50 million worldwide members uses EnterpriseDB for their Postgres support
And that is just the customer news. There are so many other things going on including:
* EnterpriseDB beat Oracle 11g for Best Database Award at LinuxWorld. We have won this award EVERY year since our inception.
* EnterpriseDB Advanced Server now works with both Cognos and Business Objects.
* Our latest beta release includes more Oracle compatibility including over 2 dozen additional system views, bulk array and bulk binding capabilities and support for Oracle hints
* EnterpriseDB contributed the single most-complex, and significant change to PostgreSQL in almost a decade.
* EnterpriseDB Advanced Server is now qualified on AIX and z/Linux from IBM
* EnterpriseDB is now qualified on HP-UX from HP
I go into a lot more detail and try to answer the unasked question "WHY?" in my blog at rodner.blogspot.com.